Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Left Over Prospects   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At the end of each season, there seems to be some left over players remaining in the draft pool. What if, like in real life, if a player goes undrafted, that player goes to the waiver wire rather than being deleted? This would be an interesting addition.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the undrafted players do actually get deleted right? Or do they enter into the Pac-12 league of bot teams and UCLA (Steve's team)?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
They become the vendors in your ballpark!

What would be the advantage of dumping all these passed over prospects into the free agent pool?

Steve
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does paying for those vendors go against our miscellaneous payments in finances? :)

Regarding the advantages, if there are any decent prospects left over, any 12 POT and up that teams have missed throughout the season, it would make for a more interesting off-season as there are more available players, more options.

Then again, I don't know how many good prospects would be left which is what I fear your next point will be. Do you know what is usually left Steve? Obviously the draft pool would be very depleted after 10 weeks of drafting, but to what extent?

If there are say, three 13 POT players left in the pool, I say it would be worth placing the leftover players in the waiver wire. Otherwise, if basically all the rest of the players are 11 POT and below, there would be no point.

Updated Friday, June 19 2015 @ 10:10:37 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I've gotten a couple 14s in the last draft of the season, so there must be some decent 12s and 13s left over most years. If there is an easy way to filter out 12+ potential guys, then I think this would be a great way to meet some of the demand for minor league aged players during the those first few days after free agency re-opens.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It would probably be easier for Steve to just create some extra POT 12 guys and inject them into the game than filter through a left over list. IMO this seems like an unnecessary extra. There are already lots of good players sitting on the waiver wire at the start of every season.

Updated Saturday, June 20 2015 @ 6:30:12 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I really don't think there is any advantage to injecting more talent into the game. The more talent there is in the game, the less overall talent spread there is in the game and everyone has a team of superstars (which are therefore average).

Steve
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Wouldn't it make sense for the left-over prospects to go back into the pool for the following season until they hit age 24 and are no longer prospects?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In real life, lots of guys play high school and college ball and never even reach the minor leagues. I not really sure what's wrong with flushing the undrafted prospects at the end of the season.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Makes sense to me.

Previous Page | Show All |