Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> New Draft Discussion...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
instead of skills give us the scouting report. we get a feeling for the player but no exact values.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
That's what I was thinking...but should it be exactly like the current scouting report or somewhat obsured skill numbers.

Should it be based on potential or current skill values?

Steve
machicuba

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The best is scouting report. if you wanna accurate you should pay for it, different levels according to the amount of money the team invest for scout report. like in the major league.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the only thing that counts is the potential of the prospect. the scouting report which is already used is fine but you could add a tooltip on mouseover which translates the text into scouting numbers (20-80)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So, you're saying that tool tip should work like this. If the scouting report has a line that says He can be a great hitter. Then the tool tip should say Hitting potential is between X and Y?

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
if "great" is the best value you could translate it into 70-80 in the 20-80 range or we use the text-based description of the potential level ("above average","good","very good") for skills, too.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i don't think you need to translate "great" or "good" or "above average" into a numerical value...i think we can all determine that "great" is better than "good" which is better than "above average" which is better than "average" etc etc...i think the interpretation of what exactly these ratings mean should be up to us...

and considering that you have the ratings in a system where when a player is young and inexperienced his ratings will not be an accurate representation of what his actual ratings are...i think you could leave the draft choice profiles pretty much as they are...

you'll see the players ratings...they won't be that accurate and you can rely on them as much as you want...if you are looking for a power hitter...you could pick the guy with a good rating for power...but he might end up not being so great...and the other you passed up might be better...but you look at the scouting report and if it says he will be a great power hitter...that'll be a better representation of what this player will mean in the future...but how much you invest in "great" is up to you...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...thanks for the input.

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

i don't think you need to translate "great" or "good" or "above average" into a numerical value...i think we can all determine that "great" is better than "good" which is better than "above average" which is better than "average" etc etc...i think the interpretation of what exactly these ratings mean should be up to us...

the mentioned values are okay but what about prolific, major league, strikeout, 'to be SP' and all the other descriptions? and that is what i am talking about as they are hard to understand as foreign languager and might be also hard to rate for non baseball GMs or non-Bud Selig.
siches

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The daft is a good idea. Also, you could trade draft picks to other teams for players.

Previous Page | Show All |