Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> injury substitutions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Perhaps there is a way to do this that I am unaware of:

If my catcher gets injured I have a starting third baseman that can catch but I don't see any way to have him slide to catcher to cover the injury while a back-up third baseman comes in to cover third until the original catcher comes back.

I would love a way to do this particularly because on a day where five games are played and my catcher is injured in the first game I end up with a random player catching for the rest of the series.

Just a thought that has likely been mentioned before.

Thx.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, there’s no way to do that unless you do it yourself manually in between matches.

But this is something that wouldn’t be very hard to improve.

The trick is to let us put as backups players already in the lineup.

In your case, you would put your 3B as a backup for the catcher, and you would put another player as the 3B backup.

If your catcher got injured, the engine would automatically rotate the players.

It’s not rocket science to do this but it does take a bit of clever programming.

It would be a much welcomed feature though.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Could be as simple as adding another backup column to the lineup page. The first column would supersede the second column. You have a starting catcher, then your backup catcher in the second column and a player who can play catcher in a pinch in the third column. The third column only comes into play should both players ahead of the player in that column get hurt.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Would be a great addition to be able to set a backup who is starting
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes Mig, that's exactly what I'd like to be able to do.

Even if you do it yourself manually as Mig suggests you need to be there to switch it all back if it is only a 1-2 day injury.

It would be a great addition especially for guys that log in once a day or every 2-3 days.

Not a complaint at all. Just a suggestion that I think would really improve the "management" ability and realism in the game.

I love this game.

Updated Saturday, May 30 2015 @ 8:36:33 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |