Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 50-man roster   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Would it be possible for us to use a 50-man roster after the minor league season ends without it affecting players development. I've seen this before but I feel like it was hard to build a consensus on what this actually means. As is we have a spring training lineup, lhp lineup, and rhp lineup. The fifty-man lineups will involve adding an extra two lineups that would include a 50-man lhp lineup and a 50 man rhp lineup (along with a 50-man pitching rotation) that will become each players' active lineup after September 1, the date I believe the minor league season ends. This would be similar to how mlb teams have a 40-man lineup that gets called up in September.

The significant thing with this format is that players that are classified as minor leaguers will still develop like they are in the minor leagues but users will be able to use them in actual major league games. In my opinion this would make the game more interesting in September where I would guess about a quarter of the users have an idea where they would finish in the season making this point of this season a little meaningless. (at least that has been my situation for the past few seasons)

Updated Friday, May 29 2015 @ 5:31:49 am PDT

Updated Saturday, May 30 2015 @ 1:23:44 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea.

I would suggest that you should be doing this with the current structure if you already know where you are finishing. What I do in that case is demote the veterans I'm keeping down to AAA and bring up the rookies I want to give playing time. It has the same effect (other than the rookies getting a pay bump, but if you're planning to develop them for next year it isn't a big deal).

I've already swapped out many of my starters for developing rookies at this point in the season.

Updated Friday, May 29 2015 @ 3:24:53 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's why I don't like the idea...

The significant thing with this format is that players that are classified as minor leaguers will still develop like they are in the minor leagues but users will be able to use them in actual major league games.

Losing the chance to get minor league guys major league experience toward the end of a season would hinder their development.

Updated Sunday, May 31 2015 @ 10:19:52 pm PDT
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But as is I would argue minor league players are developing even though they aren't actually playing any baseball, and if you want to still get them major league experience you could still classify them as major league rather than minor league players. I guess the I suggested this mainly because my minor leaguers are still developing when I figure their off-season already started

Previous Page | Show All |