Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Shorter Seasons :)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
canadian87

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just curious why most of the online manager games are all such long seasons. I have played just about every manager game online and I really like this one alot so far. I just think that being able to play a season in a month or shorter would let the managers be more interactive as it would double the speed of progression. Even if that meant playing less games in a season it would add alot more excitement because the playoff race, playoffs themselves and starting a new season is the most exciting part of online sims. Just some food for thought. Would love to hear other peoples opinions on the pros and cons of longer vs shorter season lengths.
Thanks, Canadian87
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think Broken Bat has one of the shortest seasons -- only 10 weeks. I think the other online games I play have seasons of 14-20 weeks.

In terms of a baseball simulations, I think baseball (and baseball management) is very much a game of statistics & numbers and thus requires a lot of games for the stats to become meaningful and to compare to historical record (200 hits in a season, Ruth's 60 HR season etc.). Thus I tried to maintain a schedule length close the MLB.

Steve
clodhopper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the "long" season, but maybe you could create a few outlaw leagues that have 1/2 the normal season? Just a thought - as there may be players out there that like that style?
canadian87

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that it is shorter then most the other sims available. And I think that the length of the other sims seasons is the number one reason people sign up and play for a bit and then get bored. Also I see your point about the statistics being important and couldn't agree more. There is always the possibility of simulating 2 series in one day instead of just one. I would like some other players opinions as well on what they think of shorter seasons.
clodhopper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a history with Major League baseball of outlaw or "semi-pro" teams that played a couple of games on weekends. So a short season league has some basis in reality.

Not sure how it could be implemented or if there is a big demand for it. :)

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure how realistic increasing the simulation rate is...we already had to move to a more powerful server this season and the game is still growing.

I have been considering how to incorporate "barnstorming" into the game, but I haven't come up with a good way to do it.

Steve
canadian87

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure what barnstorming is, could you elaborate on the Steve.
Thanks
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Barnstorming in athletics refers to sports teams or individuals that travel to various locations, usually small towns, to stage exhibition matches.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |