Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> the forgotten players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
My SS's agent has informed me that if his client, a Russian national, http://brokenbat.org/player/78521)is not in the next world classic, Putin (a brokenbat fan) will invade Alaska in the spring of 2023 and take over the Fairbanks Alaska franchise.

I humbly ask the commissioner to create a World Classic team made up of players from countries that do not have a team in the World Classic.

Sincerely,

Terry Humphreys
Owner of the Atens Wolverines League IV.6
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That first paragraph had me laughing so hard I cried. Thanks.

Edit: I'd go with this idea simply do to the way it was presented.

Updated Friday, May 15 2015 @ 12:22:05 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well played sir, well played.

I think the idea of a European team or some such other concept makes sense.
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I would love to see a US tourney and find the best players from each state. That way more than 25 guys get represented since the pool is so huge. But I know that would be a long process. One can only dream...

On the other hand, adding more countries to the WC is definitely feasible. Would add for more interesting underdogs taking on the best.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Both of these are great ideas! Maybe an 8-team round robin tournament amongst Americans similar to LLWS, and just use the same classification as Little League Baseball. I feel like a state vs. state tournament would be difficult as 50 is not divisible by 4, 6, or 8 and the talent would probably be low. However, if the U.S. was split up into those regions, I think it would make for an overall more talented group of players with still having it being an "All-American" tournament
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Heh, being Russian, this seems like a win-win situation to me. Russian players at World Classics or Putin at Fairbanks will equally boost my country's prestige.

And actually, that just gave me an idea... looks like Juneau is available for takeover as well so perhaps I should relocate my team there... ;D
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Dear Yuri,

Thank you for supporting the idea of a world classic team made up of players whose home country is not represented in the World Classic. Great Russian Baseball players have had to overcome so much already, what with the short summers and no tradition of baseball. They shouldn't be discriminated against because they are few in numbers. As the eighth team they should be stronger than the current eighth team (Netherlands?) as all the players on the current weakest team would be eligible for this new team if they were good enough.

Sincerely,

Terry Humphreys,
owner of the Athens Wolverines (a less evolved Raccoon)

ps If you are looking to relocate your team you may want to consider Apple Valley Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis. You wouldn't have to buy new uniforms and the zoo there have Russian born bears. Personally I would like to see you bury the politically incorrect Minneapolis Crusaders.

I know that you want to be close to Putin's team and that raccoons are more evolved than wolverines but I would suggest to you it is best to admire strong leaders from afar.

Previous Page | Show All |