Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> one time donation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, I have never agreed with games that give an advantage in the game by paying money. Aesthetic things that do not affect the game play are alright for pay, but I have always had a dislike for games that do things like you are suggesting.

Edit: This is one of the things that has kept me playing Broken Bat for more than a couple of weeks. I've tried some other management games and none of them really stuck, partially because of the "freemium" issue. And I also just like the way broken bat works, not too complex, but not too simple, either.

Updated Saturday, May 16 2015 @ 2:31:31 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Benchwarmer.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
wow did not think a single dollar a season would cause such an uproar
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not about the amount. It's about trying to turn an awesome game into a pay to win concept.

I'm all in for donations, just not getting some sort of benefit from it.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some cool things that could be available for donations, but would need to be more in the area of $10 to make it worth the time and cost associated...ballpark or team name, team logo, change recently drafted player name. I'm sure there are others, but those were the first things to pop into my head.

(Enhanced stats were another, but I thought that might be considered as advantageous by some.)
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am all for donations if he wants them. I am also ok with aesthetics, such as changing a players uniform, number, or being able to create your own nicknames rather than selecting from the basics becoming subscription features. I think that games like this don't survive on pay 2 win type structures.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Imo it is ridiculous that there is currently no way for the developer to at least recoup server costs etc.
Perhaps he just isn't interested.

A dollar a season ($5 a year) would still make it the cheapest game around by far. For me that would work out to less than half a cent per hour of enjoyment.

I also agree that the benefit for "subscribers" can only be cosmetic. I do not want to gain advantage by paying and I also agree that it would kill the game.

For me to pay a dollar a season I wouldn't require any benefit but having said that I think a couple cosmetic fun features would be a nice trade off.

If I were the developer I'd start by making nicknames and uniform numbers subscriber only features and see what happens. Then those of us that have the ability and desire to "donate " a couple dollars could do so. Very much a no pressure approach.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At this point, I aim to keep the site completely free. I would put up a Donate Now button, but I’m not entirely sure of all the ramifications of having a site that has money coming in and so forth. We recently upgrade to a more powerful server, but it’s still not too much.

Thanks for the concern…I glad you feel so positive about the game.

Steve
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, we love the game! Chuck.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
that was the big purpose behind my sugestion was for the time steve puts in.even if down the road it happened,i'm all for non helping effects.

Previous Page | Show All |