Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Player to Manager idea!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
raygen12

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As you can see I joined about a week ago, so correct me if im wrong or if this is already in the game but I dont think it is.

What is some of the league greatest players retired, then became managers (similar to Paul Moliter and the Twins), his old team would have first choice but after that he would be open to all teams. It would be a cool legacy factor in the game.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea. Managers don't have much/any impact on the game at this point but I would like to be able to hire someone from within the organization for the job. Maybe there could be similarly ineffective pitching and hitting coaches that a team could promote to manager instead of going outside the organization...
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree that would be a nice addition even if it was just for looks.
Maybe sometime n future have potential hidden traits to help with position
Manager, hitting and pitching coaches, 1st and 3rd base, team physician
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would be kind of cool. It's been brought up before, and rightly so. It would be an interesting addition. Now, the question is does Steve have the time/want to add it into the game...
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with everyone above; would be cool to see a franchise player slot into a manager role. Maybe throw in a flat fee to make that transition. Not sure how skills would translate. Could see everyone starting at 2/3 flat but I don't think people would like paying for the best coaching like in Hattrick. The rich would benefit but.. I don't know. Just throwing it out there.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Yoshi I belive all managers start out as 500k. To the best of my knowledge I have never seen a rookie manager with 0 experience And a salary greater than 500k.

I like the idea from a pure cosmetic place, but I also think that managers and coaching is a way we can have more effect on our teams, but let me say I don't know the coding involved in adding more coaches that actually effect game play. But I think it woukd be cool if we had say a hitting coach, pitching coach, bullpen coach (or bullpen catcher), trainer, etc That actually effected the on field product.

Previous Page | Show All |