Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Trade Pool   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Proposing trade to someone else will not help you in making a disguise of a multi account. Coz at the end, you can only trade one time each season.

They need to have two seasons of play before they are allowed to trade so I believe no players will be inexperience at that time already.

To improve my suggestion, the traders will need to give an explanation of why they made the trade.

With 500 active managers, we can say that we will have 250 trades to look at each season. We can easily point out which trades are lopsided and questionable. We can then track those traders that are involve on those questionable trades.

Okay, let us assume that one of us decided to cheat with the simple trading system.

So he created another account. So let us say the system is already in place this season. So he can only take advantage of it two seasons from now which is 2024.

So, what he can only do for now is to trade with other legit managers for 2022 and 2023. A trade between legit managers should at least be reasonable. Then come 2024, where he will already cash in with his multi, by that time we could at least easily check already if he is a multi because if he makes a lopsided trade it will be too obvious.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A one-team "trade" is contrived and has no appeal to me. Sorry, but I'm not a fan.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
... and a two team trade is easily exploitable, so I guess we are at the spot that Haselrig suggested, no trades.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I applaud the effort but I can't see how this works without affecting waivers etc. We already have a dogfight for waivers. Removing guys from that pool by sending them into a trade pool unnerves me.
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Mike and Newt on this one, while I also appreciate the thought that went into it, I just am not a fan of trades
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No trade system, period
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This thread's closed as far as I'm concerned.
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess this may be closed but I was thinking of this suggestion and I think I have something to add to it. We can create a trade list pool one season from randomly selecting a random number of waiver players one off season to fill this pool. I know some people are against removing players from an already tight player pool but this is where I think the benefit of a trade pool comes in. The waiver system as is relies a lot more on luck than on skill. A trade system will allow managers to make more strategic decisions than just hoping for luck to add players to their team. As for how the trades would work I thought it should work somewhat based on SI and potential. For example if a player is under 30 than the game considers the player's potential and if he is over 30 the game considers his SI. Now each week every team will choose one player that they want to add to the trade list. After the manager chooses the player the game will give the user five random players with equal potential (under 30) or SI (over 30) to the player added to the trade list. If the manager accepts the trade their player will then be added to the trade list where someone else will have the chance to acquire the player in a trade, but if the player rejects the trade they just lose their chance to make a trade that week. After the season players will be retired and the trade list will be reset to whatever size Steve decides it should be.

This recommendation may seem a bit futile because a lot of people seem satisfied with the current waiver system and for a long time I did agree but after playing this for a while I realize not having trades, especially in a baseball simulator is not entirely realistic. I'd say in baseball more than a lot of other sports you will see a team stack up on 2 or 3 star players at one position for the purpose of than trading one of these guys for a talented player in a position they lack depth. Many teams I believe have been very successful in building teams this was and I think it should hopefully be something added to this game in the future
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
seen trading systems before, they dont work. always lopsided and always someone trying to exploit. leave it alone.
my vote
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This would really help teams who are trying to rebuild and have a couple 110 skill index 30 year old players who are not going to be part of their future, and they could turn them into prospects.

Previous Page | Show All |