Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Positional Training in minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It would be nice to add DH for a minor leaguer to play at.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He'd miss out on training at a position though wouldn't he Pig_Cola?

The only way I could see some value in training a minor leageur at DH would be something that boosted his hitting attributes at the expense of his speed and range. Say he's bulking up to gain power and it takes a point from his speed/range. Now, that would be a fun option for owners to have if you know a guy is destined to be a career DH. Have him gain a few pounds each season as his athleticism drops.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@ Haselrig, you are right, but sometimes, I see players with no defensive skills useful for DH. Even if they have good range and fielding, they might be lacking either range or arm.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you leave the 'Position to Play at in the Minor Leagues' to blank, it would be the same as DH.

Steve
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
If that's the case, should the play drop down on the Minors page default to the player's primary position?

I assumed that no drop-down defaulted to the main position so it appears I lost a couple seasons fielding training on some of my early minor leaguers (luckily the ones that needed it the least).

I'd think at least the newbie checklist should have an "Assign positions to your minor leaguers" added.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If a player drops to the minors, his position setting reverts to what it was previously set to.

I will add that step to the newbie guide though.

Steve

Updated Sunday, March 29 2015 @ 6:13:50 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |