Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Scouting Report Phrasing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I dig your efforts on making the scouting reports in the future tense so as not to mislead people on what they should expect this season. However, it makes it funny in older players who won't improve much more.

For Example:

Scouting Report: He can have a major league fastball. He can have a major league slider. He will have the stamina to be a starting pitcher. He has very good overall potential. He is probably too old to improve much more.

Shouldn't the tense reflect the present in this case? Which may change the scouting report entirely I guess.

Just pointing it out, don't really think it's a big deal as at that point the ratings tell the story more than the report. Just a suggestion on making it more realistic. And I'm not an IT guy so I have no idea how difficult or easy it would be.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it, Jayman. I'll offer up a few, umm, I'll call them PASTs-Pitchers Aging Skills Ticklers:

His fastball used to have life.

His curve had some curve to it back in the day.

He had stamina without popping blue pills.

Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha, had a good laugh reading Mike's suggestions. :)

Here's one of my own as well:

His control is now completely out of control.

Applies to most of my pitching staff. :D
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I also think it would be neat to have like failed potential cited too.

"He could have been a prolific hitter, but he wasn't."
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
How about He was prolific slugger, but now he can't hit a double or He was quick, but now, he lost his speedy whip. :)

Ok, now seriously, here's what would be better and serious: He was a prolific slugger and he was quick.

Previous Page | Show All |