Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Latin Academy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BEAST

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe we could have latin academys and invite players that are 14 or 15 and we can train them to a better SI and then once they turn 16 we can decide if we want to sign the players and to put a cap on signing players maybe like only 3 players per year in order so owners cant abuse the system and the academy can only have up to 15 players
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So what you're saying is like have particular latino draftees at 14 or 15 be on your team but not count against the roster, but make a decision to add them once they reach 16 or cut them?
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds good but why limit to Latinos?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Sounds good but why limit to Latinos?

Yeah, I want Asian and European academies. :D
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Why not do it to American ballplayers, too?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I've tried to create pools that mimic how players come to the major leagues in real life. Their are different rules surrounding signing players from Latin American than domestic players. Players coming from Asia have a different mechanisms altogether. Not sure what will happen with Cuba now...things are a changing there.

Steve
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well the DR has those academies run by teams, so that was my logic there (even if they don't necessarily get signed by the team that paid for the academy)

Puerto Rico is draftable in MLB, If they were to be applied to MLB, I'd just stick them in the HS level and move on.

And I'd think until further notice, Cuba will be normal.

Previous Page | Show All |