Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Updating Fielding Positions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope there isn't a topic already for this, but as I've recently bought up my 3B for the future (Strickland), I have it st so that he can be pinch hit for if necessary, usually by my utility player (Johnston).

My existing 3B (Bender) is a heck of a player who I will move over to second (he's already 2b).

The problem is that while Johnston is a passable 2b, he's a rubbish 3b, so I'd like to push Bender back over to 3B when Johnston comes in to pinch hit, and takes over at 2b.

Does that make sense? Is it too complicated to put in for a fairly minor matter?

Cheers
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It makes sense. Its not something you can currently do.

Its also not something you'd want happening "automatically". You might have someone out of position in order to train them at a new position. If your manager had free rein to "optimize" the defensive alignment, you'd likely end up with your trainees getting moved around.

If it were introduced, you'd probably want to be able to grant "permission" to the players you would be willing to shift. Would require another box/column on the line-up page.

While this would be an interesting addition, I'd personally prefer to see the ability to specify pinch-hit/platoon assignments first.

Previous Page | Show All |