Forum >> Suggestions >> Captain and player numbers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
siches

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
siches

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can there be captains? What I mean is you choose a captain and the captain will have a big C on their jersey. Also, can you add player numbers?
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
maybe have a hidden rating for leadership...and just the guys with high ratings will have in their scouting report something like "he's a leader on the field" or "he leads by example" or "other players look up to this guy" etc etc...and giving this guy a C will give a tiny boost to player ratings...and maybe have that you HAVE to give a C to someone (i don't know if there is ever a team without a captian in real life) and if you give a C to someone with crap leadership...you'll get a slight drop in ratings...and give the C to someone with just an average leadership rating...no boost or drop...but this will add another layer of strategy...people will go out looking for players with leadership...
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

and maybe have that you HAVE to give a C to someone (i don't know if there is ever a team without a captian in real life)

Only 2 major league teams even have captains currently... (Yankees - Derek Jeter, White Sox - Paul Konerko).

And I read that a former team captain of the California Angels said, "there's probably no need for a captain on a major league team."

But if this captain thing is just for looks... then i'm fine with it. & the original suggestion makes it seem like it is only a cosmetic suggestion (asking for a special jersey & jersey numbers... *not* changes in game play.)

tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
my appologies...i more follow hockey and football...in those sports...all the teams have captains...mostly
Nic99k

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think a captain is a great idea 👍🏿
Nic99k

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How bout it Steve?
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Only 2 major league teams even have captains currently... (Yankees - Derek Jeter, White Sox - Paul Konerko).
Make that one, then.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
According to Wikipedia, there is only one: Captain (baseball)

Only one Major League Baseball team currently has a captain:[5]

New York Mets: David Wright

I'm not against this...I'm just not sure what it adds to the game. Jersey numbers don't really have much purpose, but have always been a big part of baseball. Captains...not really.

It's on the list of things to look at. It's just not very high up the list.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |