Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Graphical field representation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Steve,

Just a suggestion, but might it be possible to have a graphic of the field with the players avatars in their positions (offence and defence) that would update after each at bat? Appreciate this might be a big ask, and I'm not talking about animation or anything flashy - just a thought that it might be nice to illustrate starting line-ups, substitutions and base runners. Would be an awesome feature and I for one would find it more use than the blue diamonds- would also help to visualise and personify the teams better. Any thoughts?

Cheers!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You are talking about in the Game Action mode?

Sound like a great idea...might take a bit of work though. Also, the player images are generated dynamically, so that might be an issue.

Steve
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cheers Steve, yes in the game action view.

Perhaps surnames might be alternative if the avatars are too complex? Really think it would help keep track of who's on the field in which position or on base if they could be overlaid on a diagram like the one on the ballpark screen and updated throughout the match.
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the suggestion.

And what about to show key statistic for batters, pitchers and runners on base (SB, CS)?
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yes that would be cool but maybe hard to do.

Previous Page | Show All |