Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Waivers Searching   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks great except for the waiver date sort order option. It appears to be eliminating waiver players from the results rather than lining them up by their waiver date.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What search were you running and which players weren't showing up?

Thanks,

Steve
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Searching players under contract you still have to have include free agents and waivers to see anyone.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It seems to me the order is from oldest to most recent.
(at the top you find the 35yo)

Thus, the waivers are at the bottom of the list, out of the 500 players shows.

Obviously, it should be the other way round.

However, you can still make a search for waivers ONLY, which was not possible before

THANKS, Steve!
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay it seems to work fine when not including free agents.

I think Frank nailed it with his assessment, and having it the other way around would make it easier to use.

But it does work perfectly when unchecking free agents- Thanks a bunch Steve, great update. :)

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, it seems to work okay for me.

If you include free agents or players under contract, then you end up with them listed first and the players on waivers afterwards. This is because it sorts accordingly to who would be available first (free agents, followed by those with closer waiver dates, followed by those with farther waiver dates).

So you're saying that you'd like to be able to sort the other way too -- farther off waiver date listed first?

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I think the majority would like the players who have been on waivers the longest on the top of the list. That way the guys who will probably be claimed the soonest will be on the top of the list.

The problem is for players who are free agents (have cleared waivers) most of us would probably want the opposite. The guys who haven't played in years we want on the bottom of the list.

A case of damned if you, damned if you don't, I think.

What you've done is awesome. I don't really care which order the players on waivers are because there aren't that many. It's much, much more convenient and easy to filter through them now. Thanks!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Huge time-saver. Thanks Steve o/
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is because it sorts accordingly to who would be available first (free agents, followed by those with closer waiver dates, followed by those with farther waiver dates).

Okay, I understand now.

So you're saying that you'd like to be able to sort the other way too -- farther off waiver date listed first?

No, not personally. Maybe just add something in on the manual so new players can figure out that they need to uncheck free agents in order to have waiver players appear at the top of the list.

I can't say it enough- GREAT work Steve
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
What about adding the waiver date somewhere? Or is it somewhere that I never noticed it?

Edit: Apparently it is another one of those hover things. Any plans on optimizing for mobile? None of those things work on touch screens.

Oh, and thanks again for this change. Huge time saver.

Updated Saturday, February 7 2015 @ 5:40:36 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |