Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Injury Listing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Garnash1970 - so you want something like "days injured" or "total games missed".

For a starter, would this be significantly different that 160 - games played?

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That would include fatigue injuries as well Steve? It's just another injury, not actual fatigue from overuse correct?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Currently, there is no functional difference between any particular injury type (including fatigue). For example, a leg injury will not slow a player down or something of that nature.

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Would also to see a games missed column
GreenYoshi

Brookhaven Mustangs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm... All this time I was convinced that fatigue was it's own separate case especially how it keeps popping up as the number 1 cause of injury for my players.

I support the suggestion for an injury column that records days on DL or an injury log which records the gameday, injury, and missed days of a player. This way I can keep tabs on this and figure this pattern out because it keeps flaring up.

Updated Thursday, May 21 2015 @ 4:05:56 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why I asked. People seemed to be blaming overuse for fatigue injuries when it really just seemed to be an injury label like a sprained ankle or broken finger.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Days on DL would be a useful column as I know there are players of mine which get injured more than others, would be useful when deciding whether to put in a waiver claim or retrain a players position etc
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Let me clarify....fatigue and injuries are currently all rolled into one. For the most part, it's random (which probably a reasonable way to simulate injuries, but isn't the best way to simulate fatigue). Does the probability increase with use -- yes, in the sense that a pinch hitter has a smaller chance of injury than somebody that plays all 9 innings.

Do certain positions have different injury/fatigue chances? Yes, expect more days out for more taxing positions (ie. catcher).

Does that mean my pitcher can throw 200 pitchers without any repercussions? Try it and find out... :-)

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I’m still not very fond of these injury alerts.

The other day I noticed that if you don’t check the alerts every time you don’t get new alerts, so if people decide to ignore all these injury alerts they will never be alerted to draft a new player.

Anyway, the reason why I’m typing about this again is because I have a new suggestion.

I think that more than being alerted you got injured players, it would be more useful to be alerted about players coming out of injuries and ready to play again.

An injured player is easy to spot because they have the red plus sign visible in both the roster and the lineup pages, so unless you’re just forumballing around here it’s easy to spot and replace injured players.

On the other hand, when a player comes out of injury there’s nothing specific showing and people may not notice it and forget about putting him back in the lineup.

Anyway, if it was my decision I would remove all injury alerts, or at least give the option to disable them, but, if we must have them, at least we should give them a better use.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 on Migs idea.

Previous Page | Show All |