Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Hardcastle Hit List: Suggestions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Hardcastle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
  • Add a column for the throwing hand on the Batting Lineup versus LHP and Batting Lineup versus RHP screens
  • Fielding a player out of position would affect both his hitting and fielding
  • Save Spring Training and Minor League stats for the future for the number crunchers and stats lovers
  • A line score (or six square box score) with live data of runs, hits and errors for each team during the Game Action replays. Either each inning, or just the six square.
  • A smaller icon of the cherry next to the name of each player on the Minor League Players list page, the view of the entire farm system. Would be interesting to see who is home grown or not at-a-glance.
  • The important dates of the year such as September 1 when free agency ends, and whenever it will start again, end-of-year player skill drop, player aging. Also all ten economic updates on a master calendar somewhere for important deadlines. I'd also like these dates to stay a little longer on the Events page.
  • Left on base stats were a great addition. However, I would like them all to add up as a team number in the Total. This may be my personal preference and not shared with other owners.
  • I'd like to see all ten economy updates (in detail) on the Finances page. Might help clubs that are in financial jeopardy.
  • This is something I vaguely recall from the defunct Simyard.com that managers liked. I propose several options when reading the result of a game. Let me explain. Have the game text have several options to generate/choose from, for example:

-Galvan hits a double to center field.
    -It's a double for Galvan to center field.
    -Galvan swats a double to center field.
    -That drops in for a double to center field for Galvan.
    -Humphrey allows a double to center field to Galvan.

Updated Tuesday, January 13 2015 @ 4:52:58 pm PST

Updated Tuesday, January 13 2015 @ 4:57:56 pm PST
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If the points were numbered from top to bottom:
-I like #4

re:#2 why would playing out of position in the field effect a players hitting??
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Add a column for the throwing hand on the Batting Lineup versus LHP and Batting Lineup versus RHP screens

Fielding a player out of position would affect both his hitting and fielding

When you say out of position, you are talking about position experience or the about lefty catchers and infielders? Perhaps you could argue that the defensive penalty needs to be higher, but why should it effect hitting?

Save Spring Training and Minor League stats for the future for the number crunchers and stats lovers

How long should we save these for? It’s more a matter of keeping the DB a manageable size.

A line score (or six square box score) with live data of runs, hits and errors for each team during the Game Action replays. Either each inning, or just the six square.

Okay...I agree there could be improvement to the Game Action.

A smaller icon of the cherry next to the name of each player on the Minor League Players list page, the view of the entire farm system. Would be interesting to see who is home grown or not at-a-glance.

Need a better icon than the cherry (which is suppose to be an apple). Do teams have a lot of free agents in the minors? I though most of them would be draftees of some sort?

The important dates of the year such as September 1 when free agency ends, and whenever it will start again, end-of-year player skill drop, player aging. Also all ten economic updates on a master calendar somewhere for important deadlines. I'd also like these dates to stay a little longer on the Events page.

I'd like to see all ten economy updates (in detail) on the Finances page. Might help clubs that are in financial jeopardy.

Not sure what this is suggesting. Do you want something permanently on the events page that lists September 1st as the end of free agency? Events page could list more…most of the interesting stuff is happening every Friday morning (that doesn’t really change). I don’t know…maybe a master calendar would be possible. I would take some significant coding changes to be able to list all ten economic updates....it’s possible, but would take some work.

More to come...

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This is something I vaguely recall from the defunct Simyard.com that managers liked. I propose several options when reading the result of a game. Let me explain. Have the game text have several options to generate/choose from, for example:

I think this is a great idea, it will just requires a lot of work on the game engine. Somebody had suggested different announcer styles, so you could essentially have different text depending on the announcer selection.

Steve

Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A season calendar with all the important (real world) dates would be quite helpful. Experienced users can extrapolate most of that by hand, but for newbies it would be good to know more than a few days before when for example waivers reopen. The events page usually gets a bit confused around the season change, anyway, so this could actually be a fixed calendar with the standard dates and wouldn't have to update automatically.
I'd appreciate a small apple on the roster list, too, to anticipate salary developments, but it would be helpful on the minors page, as well. As good talent is much easier to find before they reach the majors than later, about a third of my farm comes from free agency.

Previous Page | Show All |