Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Seeing SI from previous seasons of minor league players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I am planning on adding this. My idea is somewhat different than what we have now (just a SI value on the statistics line). The problem here being that we’re deleting empty and minor league statistics at the end of the season and thus those SI values aren’t preserved.

What I’m thinking of doing is taking a skill (including SI) snapshot a few times a season and then being able to display not only how SI changes over time, but also individual skills. That way, you’d have a really good idea on how a player grows and declines. Perhaps even graphically?

The major issue here is just getting the time to implement it. But I don't think it would be too bad.

Anyway, if you have any suggestion on how to improve this, please let me know.

Steve
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
that should be enough already admin :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

What I’m thinking of doing is taking a skill (including SI) snapshot a few times a season and then being able to display not only how SI changes over time, but also individual skills. That way, you’d have a really good idea on how a player grows and declines. Perhaps even graphically?

I'd be happy with just the SI each season, but if you can find time to put in individual skill changes, I can think of a few managers who would utilize the new output to the fullest. That would allow for more detailed typologies of player development to be built.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Sweet! That's basically what I'm doing with my players already, but it'd be great to have that for all players, including minor leaguers. Even one snapshot a season would be great. Obvious dates for consideration would be at the All-Star Break and just after the season flip. I think one would be enough; anything more than two would be overkill.

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So I'm thinking of storing the basic skills and SI. Not sure if there would be other values worth storing.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The good news is that this is almost implemented. The bad news is that it will take a while for data to accumulate.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, it was not to be expected to have retrospective data which had already been deleted. The convenience this will add to tracking prospects is much appreciated, by me at least.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
http://tinypic.com/r/11bognd/8

That's kind of what the SI/Skill tracking will look like in the future.

Steve

Updated Tuesday, April 14 2015 @ 3:53:08 pm PDT
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
This will be a great implementation. Can't wait to see it in action, Steve!

Updated Tuesday, April 14 2015 @ 4:03:51 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It's already implemented, the problem is that it will take a while for the data to collect.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |