Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Limiting Waiver Claims   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, this will be my first season in Broken Bat. I'm from Venezuela and do not speak English very well ( I only know the basics ) , I wrote this in the spanish forum, but that forum has no activity for some time, so sorry if you can not quite understand.

I hate the way players are signed (waiver claims) , it is a simple lottery. Should limit waivers claims that each user can do to one player per position , so users think more about which player to place a claim , rather than make claims on all players who can see if any get.

Another idea is to rank the players on the waivers list by league level , i.e. when a player enters waivers initially be available for any team , but if for example a level team league 3 makes a claim on that player then that player will not be available for lower level teams to three league ; and then if a team league level 2 makes a claim about that player then the first team ( the Level 3 ) no longer able to hire ( in real life if a player has offers from several teams obviously want to go to team to play in the best league ) . When his waiver date arrives if 2 or more teams in the same league level have a claim on the player , then this will be the team with the worst record so far, or could also be the worst prestige ( to equalize competition ) . With this idea obviously waivers claims will be limited to one player per position, for users of the highest leagues not make a lot of claims and then there are no available players for lower league teams .

Updated Thursday, January 8 2015 @ 7:37:08 pm PST
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome, there is actually an implicit limit on waivers. Everyone only has 50 roster spots available.

I'll write it in spanish, just to be sure...

Bienvenido al juego, de cierta manera si hay un limite. Cada equipo solo tiene 50 lugares disponible. Si yo tuviera espacio para solo un jugador, solo podré ganar una vez.

Saludos/Cheers
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the welcome.

I still think the system for signing players could be much better .

For example, another idea is that the player salaries on waivers are not fixed, so the team wants to sign a player can offer to raise the player’s salary , and when his waiver date arrives he will go to the team that made the highest salary offer. It would be like a kind of auction.

Well I think there are several ways to improve the waiver claim and to make the game better than it already is.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome! Your English is 100% better than my Spanish, so I'll continue in my language. Sorry!

While I do get frustrated with waivers here, I think the current system is okay. The methods you suggested all favor certain types of teams. The one thing the current claiming process has that I like is out shows no favoritism. It's all luck.

Actually, it isn't all luck. It takes effort to scope out the players, so the greatest rewards, at least in theory, should go to the teams that are best at finding the released gems.

Good luck!
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my opinion, if you have the highest level teams getting the best waivers players and /or allow them to offer a higher salary then you ensure that lower level teams will never move up (they will have worse players and no cash to compete for better players).

If a game like this ends up with only the longest serving managers in the top tiers with little movement then the game pretty much dies. Who would play after realizing they can't compete?

It should never be easier to stay in the top leagues than it is to reach the top leagues. The best general managers should be moving towards the top...not just the richest or longest occupied teams.

Not to say there should be no luck involved...but this game seems to have the random luck aspect pretty much perfect. (although I'm very new and shouldn't really comment on how tough it is to stay in top leagues).

I think a lot of thought has gone into this game and I appreciate that.
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But lower level teams do not compete against highest level teams , they compete against teams from the same Level, then no matter than teams from higher leagues are much better than teams in lower leagues ( it is normal) , because when a team level up it will be able to sign players on waivers the same quality as those of its rivals .
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After a few seasons they do compete, remember that if you win your division you move up and if you're in the last two you move down.

Previous Page | Show All |