Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Depth Chart   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
We are starting to roll out the depth chart changes. Today we’ve added a new column to the Lineup Update page that includes a drop down menu for backup players. Although it’s not functional yet, I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Clean and simple, exactly as needed. I can't wait until it's functional to really try it out.
jjipson

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So what exactly does being set as the backup do? Does it mean they will pinch hit for that player, be the defensive sub for that player, or does it mean they will start for that player in case of injury?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Backups would only be to replace an injured player.

Steve
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
1. If I put another starter as a backup will he shift positions to replace the injured one?

2. Will a backup listed as the backup for multiple players function properly?

3. Can it be arranged so that the backups remain listed or viewed instead of it being blank after updating the lineups?

Thank you. This should be really good for the game.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Before I answer the questions, let me just reiterate that the depth chart is not working yet. It's just a sample of how the interface would look. ETA is probably a couple of weeks for it to be fully functional.

> 1. If I put another starter as a backup will he shift positions to replace the injured one?

No...having a starter listed as a backup would be invalid.

>2. Will a backup listed as the backup for multiple players function properly?

Well, he'll probably be inserted into the first empty spot in the lineup. The second empty spot will be filled by the game engines best judgment.

> 3. Can it be arranged so that the backups remain listed or viewed instead of it being blank after updating the lineups?

Yes, when the implementation is complete, the backups will be saved and listed each time the page is viewed.

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure how complicated it would be, but it would be nice if backup roles took priority over the DH role...
davidt82

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks, admin for taking my advice :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So now it’s saving the backups, but as yet the game engine isn’t making use of them. Additionally, I haven’t done anything special with the DH.

I think I need to also do something with the lineup page to display the backups somehow.

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't change the main lineup page--outsiders looking at a team don't need to see the backups.

Previous Page | Show All |