Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> new rating of Manager   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
how about adding "positional knowledge" or something to that effect...where the higher the rating...the better he is...

now here's what the rating does...when the team needs to bring a new player in whether for an injury or just wants to substitute someone that is under-performing...the "positional knowledge" rating decides who he brings in to replace him...a manager with a poor rating will just put anyone in...where someone with a great rating will put in the player that best fits that position...and in a close game...bringing in the appropriate substitute could very well mean the difference between a win and a loss...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting idea. I definitely need to put some effort into fleshing out the functionality of managers and allowing them to add more value to the game.

The one question I have, is even the most incompetent manager usually brings in a suitable player. Maybe some managers would favor a power hitter with a lousy glove versus a light hitting utility man with a good glove.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well...too be honest...any Manager that is professionally hired would hardly be incompetent...but yes...i see your point...

but you raise a good point that could work with this idea...if you have a small lead...the best thing for the manager to do would bring in someone that is a strong fielder and has all the right attributes to play that position...where a not so good manager might bring in the power bat...sure...the power bat might help get an extra run in or 2...but if he's a horrible fielder...his poor play may let the other team get 4 runs...and win the game...and the other way around...if you're done by a run...a poor manager might send in a defense dynamo instead of the power bat...and we prevent the other team from gaining any ground...but we don't get that much needed run either...

but what i more had in mind...this sort of goes with the idea for a depth chart that some were mentioning earlier...or just going with their position experience...if the 3rd baseman is playing lousy (or there was injury in game mechanics) and the manager wants to bring in a new 3rd baseman...and poor manager might see that there is a 3rd baseman on the bench and send him in...where a smart manager might see that the player with 2nd base or short stop experience would be better suited to play at 3rd...this could also help the user himself...if he has a high "positional knowledge" manager and he sees that the manager is continually sending his SS in to play 3RD or a 1ST in to play Catcher...then they might realize it would be a smart investment to start getting this guy some practice in that other position...not too mention the playing time he is getting while the manager throws him in there...therefore best utilizing the skills that you have available...

Previous Page | Show All |