Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Add more divisions in lower leagues   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Being in the lowest division seems like a struggle. Yes, we got the chance to rebuild our teams, but our salary caps is lower, so no all-star player stays in a rebuild team forever. Fan base is also lower.

Also, the competition seems bleak. If you look at the pyramid of our leagues, Legends seems okay, and so is League 1. But league of 2 to 5 is a dogfight. You lose a lot no matter how close the competition, you demote. League 6 looks like there's a shark full of school of fish. The demoted powerhouses from league 5 will easily be promoted for the next season because their competition is light.

So instead of adding more league numbers in the lower leagues, add more divisions. Merge the leagues where there are full of bots and few active users. I don't mind playing with a lot of bots.

As for the schedule, it will flow like water. The schedule is crammed up with competition from 12 teams, so loosen it up with 24 teams.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. You're suggesting to have half as many VI leagues, but to increase each VI league into four divisions instead of the current two?

I don't see what that would accomplish. You would still need to put the demoted V teams evenly across the divisions, so nothing would change.

The only difference is you would play a greater number of teams, which would create a scheduling nightmare. It may seem like it should just fall into place because you have twice as many teams, 24 instead of 12, but that's an optical illusion. You would play 23 teams instead of 11, so you can't just split the schedule in half. And don't forget the altered VI schedule would still need to match up with the other leagues and the Cup matches. Messy and for what? I don't see that the competitive balance would be altered at all.
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We'll if someone doesn't like the idea, let's take the idea up a notch, shall we?

Make all leagues add 2 more divisions.

Previous Page | Show All |