Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Waiver Wednesday and Sundays   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Frank summed this up perfectly. It's one of the unique joys of Broken Bat that I've never encountered in another sports sim when you sweat out a minor leaguer only a handful of people have found and you see you got him. Big fist pump.

Updated Wednesday, November 19 2014 @ 4:59:09 am PST
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I prefer the randomness of players coming off waivers and will only slightly agree with OP on functionality of the FA search system

What is possibility of:
Including waiver claim deadline date on FA search results page and number of claims since lots of users are on phones and pads

Adding a "remove claim" button on FA search page to help identify those players you have made claims on, though it is available on transactions page, as it is on each players page

Adding button to identify players already viewed but no claim made. Then the sign column would progress like this since I belive most owners actually go to players page before signing an FA or placing a claim
View>sign FA
View>waiver claim>remove waiver claim

Adding a checkbox/button to identify those players an owner viewed but is not interested in

I do find it a bit annoying and redundant to keep looking at certain players I have no interest in

Christmas is coming!
Santa Steve?

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Like all of those ideas, too.

As I stated at the beginning, checking waivers is necessary. I don't like wasting time when the process could be improved.

How many of you are using dial-up right now? And how many of you wash your clothes by hand? Humans are always looking for ways to minimize wasting time. I don't think it's unreasonable to apply that logic to waivers.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This one I agree with...

Why not have the option of showing all players that can be claimed in chronological order?

I also agree with maybe a column that says that you viewed a player in the last couple of days. Of course depending on implementation this might require playing on the same device consistently which I currently don't do, spending half my time on my desktop and half on my laptop.
LimelightPete

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What's wrong with dial-up?
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Dial-up?
Is that a soda or body soap?
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What's unnecessary, though, is that you might review the same player for five or six days in a row. Others disappear in less than 48 hours, which is too quick in my opinion.

Totally agree.
Sifting through players that you've already sifted through in trying to make sure you don't miss seeing someone gone quicker than the others definitely is unnecessary. Though the joy of finding that great player outweighs looking through others multiple times, I don't see how anyone doesn't get that feeling like "I already saw you many times you terrible player why do you have to keep eating up my time?"
I think either uniform waiver times so users could time their searches better or the chronological idea so users could check in every day and see who's up for grabs that day would reduce the annoyance without taking away the hard work. You'd still need to go through all the claims regularly to evaluate if you should put in for a player or not.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why not have the option of showing all players that can be claimed in chronological order?

Just to give my support to this idea, after all I suggested this very same thing eons ago.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, that clearly makes sense.
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Steve,
Would this be something reasonable programming-wise?

Previous Page | Show All |