Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Swing and a miss   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd love juicer commentary!

Every now and then, a fielder making a great play, a diving catch, robbing an HR at the wall.

It doesn't need to be really connected to the game engine, either.
Just randomly used.
Or maybe linked to the player's fielding skill, if at all possible
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I'll look into how easy that is to implement.

Curious what percent of users watch their games on the live viewer.

Steve
xxflip

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a stats guy, I tend not to watch the games live simply because I can't wait to see how my players performed.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I do the same thing, but if my team has a great game, I'll keep it so I can see it later.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't watch old games, or any games I already know the results of, but if I have time late in the evening of the games (they sim from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. in my time zone) or sometime the next morning, I like to watch the games while they're fresh.
Don't you have access numbers on the pitch-by-pitch view from the page stats?
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the pitch by pitch, the first two strikes are shown as "Strike One!/Called Strike One!", whereas the third one is always just mentioned as "Strike Three!". At least the information seems to be generated somewhere, so it shouldn't be that difficult to do the same for strike three, and therefore state if someone strikes out swinging or looking in the game protocol.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I only generally watch big games. Big cup games, playoffs, big matches for the division later on.

However I do like the idea.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Though I may may only watch approximently 25% of games, I do like the idea in more realism in the play by play/ pitch by pitch

Also not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere but the ability to "fast forward" or "reverse" thru games would be nice to have
jason_shocker11

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As much as possible, I would watch the play-by-play because of tactical reasons. Statistics looks okay, but I'm more interested on how they do it, which makes sim games more interesting.

If your team lost, you gotta know where they messed up. If they won, you have to see how they do it. If a game seems suspicious, it must be a bug (or your manager was asleep).
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not a watcher because they take too long for my impatient self. I'm doing good to not cheat when I'm reading through the game by skipping to the italicized sections.

If people want it, great.

I would be much more interested in it if it actually had meaning and was generated due to a game engine result, not a mere fabrication to make up how the out was recorded. Of course I feel the same way with all outs. Somewhere I read that range is based on the entire team, not the individuals, so I don't even care who made the out since they really didn't.

Previous Page | Show All |