Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Good point Hazelrig
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If Broken Bat had a large staff, then something like this would be more doable and I'd probably support it. It's a lot to ask of one guy though.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mig, so in other words it would be just like real baseball? :P
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
you got thta right newtman
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If by baseball, you mean MLB, then hell yeah!

MLB is first and foremost about money and all the corruption that always comes hand in hand with it.

Let Broken Bat be about baseball and not MLB.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I’ve yet to really see a trading system in one of these games that isn’t ripe with abuse. Even the player markets in many of these games are subject to a lot of misuse. Could we come up with a system that worked – with a ton of checks on any given trade? Perhaps…but I also think that resolving all these trading issues would suck up a lot of time that could be otherwise used for development.

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, I agree with your last statement whole-heartedly. Anything that would require an investment of your time for trade reviews is a horrible idea.

However, I don't think it's unreasonable to incorporate a system that has Broken Bat's users participating in trade reviews. I understand that a large part of the owners would not want to involve themselves with that. Fine. But I think there are a large number of owners who would be more than willing to spend a few minutes each week reviewing a few trades.

Yes, it needs to be a good system. For those looking for a perfect system, yeah right. I think our (American) justice and political systems are among the best in the world, but I don't think anyone has ever claimed them to be perfect. Anything and everything has weaknesses and shortcomings; that doesn't mean they're failures.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope Steve doesn’t listen to a couple of impatient people. As has already been pointed out, there are tons of reasons why a trade system reviewed by other players is a bad idea.

In my head, the only reason why people are standing behind it is because they plan to abuse it. They even have the nerve to argument that a little cheating is ok.

Well, it’s not, not in my book.

The way I see it, the game is much better without any of it.

People who want to build a winning team overnight just really need to be patient.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I am always open to level headed discussion on any feature of the game -- we've had them about trading before. But from my perspective, we got tons of complaints about how the free agency system works (possibly exploits, cheating, timing issues etc.) and a trading system would just be 10x worse.

Steve
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I like justice so you guys are right I just wish every1 would be honest.

Previous Page | Show All |