Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Hold Runners focus   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Management option with the standard +2 to -2 range

Trades the pitchers control points for catcher arm points.

Updated Saturday, October 4 2014 @ 6:52:57 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What would be the downside of hold runners...why wouldn't you always hold runners +2?

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Sunday, October 5 2014 @ 8:52:05 am PDT
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Large leads where you don't care about the guy on first, you are more worried about getting the guy out.

I think a better way to make this, if you choose to implement it, would be "pick off attempts". Less likely to more likely. Are pick offs even in the game? I'm not even sure.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve,
The way I understand the original suggestion is a penalty to the pitcher's effectiveness if he is more focused on the runner.
I am not sure if there is a penalty already in the game to pitching with runners on base but it can have an impact in real games. An interesting idea but not sure about implementation.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Currently there is some influence on pitcher holding runners (especially LHP vs. RHP). There are no pick-offs.

I will add this as something to look into and consider. I wonder sometimes how much depth the game should have...versus making it overly complicated. There are no steals of home, balks or ejections, but I'm not sure implementing them would add a lot to the game. I would much rather focus on making the more commonplace events and features work better.

Steve
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed Steve

Previous Page | Show All |