Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Broken Bat Graphics   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, I put this scoreboard together this morning. I thought something like this might look good at the top of the Live Game Action page.

It was done in MS Paint and GIMP. It's all my work except the crossed bats, the ball and the "Broken Bat" font. The other fonts are standard Windows fonts. If you have any royalty free black or white graphics of balls and bats, I could swap them in in place of the ones in the graphic. Then I think we'd just be down to giving the creators of the "Broken Bat" font credit somewhere on the site if you wanted to use it.

Updated Monday, August 18 2014 @ 6:37:35 am PDT
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
nice!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay…like the idea. I’m not sure how well it will fit into the current Live Game Action. Don’t they usually have columns for total runs, hits and errors?

Before everyone goes off and designs new artwork for the game, please consult with me. We had a guy (I believe he’s been inactive for about a calendar year). He took the initiative to design some “improvements” to the player images. He thought they were great. However, their sizing was all wrong and they were even more amateurish then the current design. So then he posted them on the forum and people started giving him a lot of negative feedback. I’d like to avoid this scenario again.

Additionally, I have a limited amount of time to incorporate new features and have development priorities in term of important and ease of implementation. I don’t want people to think that I’m not appreciative of their efforts, but a change might not be near the top to the ‘to do’ list and could take a long time to be added to the game.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh no, no obligations to use it Steve. It's yours to use as you see fit, I relinquish any rights to it. I can understand that having a site like this, these sorts of unsolicited "improvements" could be a problem. If there was any anxiety caused, I apologize for that. It was just something I had an idea for and put together in literally an hour as a thank you for the work you've put into the game. Just consider it fan art :)

I based it on this style of scoreboard, but it could have had any additional elements you'd want. As to how I saw it fitting into the current Live Game Action page, it would be as a static graphic just above "Live Game Action!" like this. Other than adding the element to the page, I wouldn't think it would require any additional coding.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure putting the numbers on the board at the right positions for every browser would be that easy to code, but I do agree that such an old-school scoreboard (thinking of Fenway Park, too) would go well with our site design and would add to the mood of the game.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It would just be a static image to add a visual element to the page. It wouldn't have any actual moving parts. Having it keep score would be a whole other can of worms that I wouldn't ask anybody to try to tackle :)

Previous Page | Show All |