Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Pitch Count option?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Suggestion based on my biggest "pet peeve" in baseball ... needless mid-inning pitching changes.
Could we have a "flex the pitch count" check box?

If it is checked -

1: Give the current pitcher one batter beyond his pitch count if it's a 2-out no one in scoring position situation.

2: Replace the pitcher at start of the inning if he has less than 5 pitches left before he hits his pitch count max.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What's really the advantage of waiting to a inning break to switch pitchers (especially in a virtual game were there are is no time involved)?

Steve

Updated Wednesday, July 2 2014 @ 9:39:34 am PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Advantages

If there are 2 out and no one on, the pitcher must being doing ok and imo has earned an extra batter. I hate missing a complete game by one batter too, especially when it's not a save situation.

If the pitcher starts an inning with less than 5 pitches, he's getting tired and is liable to put the reliever in a tough spot. My bullpen isn't too good about stranding inherited runners.

On somewhat related note, would it be possible to add a hook based solely on total non-intentional walks allowed?
When my 17 control pitcher gives up 4 non-intentional walks in a game, my manager should realize he really doesn't have it today and get him out of there.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I highly agree. I have found myself yelling at the screen to pull the pitcher, only to see him give up more runs to the next batter. Technically, he is staying under the hook, but if I lower the hooks too much I burn through the bullpen way too fast. Also, the game had already been simulated and I was simply seeing the results of the simulation, but that wasn't the point. Ultimately more specific settings on when pitchers would be pulled would be nice.

Previous Page | Show All |