Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Compensation for players claimed off waivers?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys,

I was thinking about players on waivers. What if we were to get some sort of financial compensation for having a player claimed off waivers from our teams?

For example. I place a guy on waivers who is 35 but he's played 8 years for my team, I don't want to lose him for nothing just because his skills are declining and I need to make room on the roster for a younger player. What if I place him on waivers and the team that claims him gives up a little bit of $$$ to my team?

I say this because there is no market system were I can sell my players nor is there any trading were I could acquire some cash. It just get's annoying because I don't have the money to ever have any all-star caliber players.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your 35 yos are mostly in the 80s for SI, those aren't all-star caliber players. All-star caliber players pay for themselves by either getting hits or getting outs. That translates into wins and more rear ends in seats. Guys who demand a lot of money but are little better than rookies 10 years younger should be replaced, no need for compensation. The compensation comes on Fridays with the training update as the young guys continue to develop and the old guys do not.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting your asking for compensation. Actually you are compensated, by not having to pay his 8 year veteran salary any longer.

The player? He was compensated long ago. Actually, his compensation started after his first 43 day's in the bigs. Once he completed that 43 day majors requirement, he became eligible for early retirement at age 55, lifetime fully paid medical coverage along with a bare minimum $34k annual pension. Since he's an 8 year veteran, he's now looking at close to $80k annual for his compensation package.

What about the team your expecting compensation from. This team will be required to take over his salary immediately. A salary that was negotiated by someone they had no involvement nor input with. They will also need to clean up some of the mistakes your coaching staff made regarding his playing habits during his tenure with your team, so he might fit on theirs. They do this all the while knowing his best years were probably left on your field and at his age perhaps he's only one play away from his last shower.

This compensation stuff can prove to be a little tricky.
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Compensation for releasing a player? If you're releasing him there's is a reason. Therefore why get compensation for a player you don't want?

Previous Page | Show All |