Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Hit and Run / Bunting Management   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm trying to think of a way to control how early in the game my team tries to "manufacture" runs via bunting and hit and run. I would propose the following addition:

An option in the management screen that reads something like "only after inning" that leads to a dropdown menu for both hit and run and bunting. It could be below the list of position players and above the list of pitchers, and the dropdown menus could be in line with the columns that lead to each individual hitter.

I think an option like this would give the owner of the team more control on how the game is managed with no real downside to people who don't want to use it (make the default selection be the first inning). Right now I have bunting turned off for everyone because I want to err on the side of not giving up outs too early in the game. This would give me the option to allow bunting when I feel it's appropriate and eliminate bunting when I feel it isn't.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My biggest problem with bunting is sacrificing with 1 out. Especially when the runner is already on 2nd. (Like you, I have bunting turned off for everyone, but for a different reason :P).

Not sure if ++ means sac whenever (with 0 or 1 out) and + or less means sac with 0 out would be workable or desirable.

Updated Friday, May 30 2014 @ 9:10:09 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |