Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> more stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
opuspoloclub

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
would be nice to see a fielding percentage, and real nice to compare team average stats against other teams and/or league averages
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Fielding Attempts and Errors are maintained in the database, so we could fairly easily add fielding percentage. However, it would be overall as opposed to by position.

What other statistics would you like to see?

Steve
joelwest

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
player stats need to list League each year (not just team); teams move up and down league so stats only have meaning if League is indicated

batter stats need to list PA and HBP
joelwest

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the leader boards currently show six slots for batters and four slots for pitchers. unfortunately in terms of recruiting talent the four slots for pitchers are not very informative. ERA and wins depending on the fielding and slugging of the team, not the pitcher's innate skill

each pitcher needs to add a stat column for FIP and WHIP and FIP need to be tabulated on the leader board

FIP could be manually calculated from K, BB, and HRA, but few game players are going to bother to do this since it is so time consuming to continually recalculate it

FIP=frac{13HR + 3BB - 2K}{IP}+3.10
opuspoloclub

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
additional stats off the top of my head:

goundball/flyball ratio
quality starts
complete games
wild pitches and/or passed balls
assists

at some point 'clutch' stats would be a nice way to separate clutch players/week nerves
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
goundball/flyball ratio – okay, don’t have this right now.

quality starts - okay, we have a entry in the DB, but I don’t think we’re collecting these values. I will look into this one.

complete games – this is already displayed under CG

wild pitches and/or passed balls – we’ve added that this season. Wild Pitches are displayed for pitchers under WP. Haven’t added passed balls to the stats display yet, struggling with the amount of horizontal space with all the statistics. May have to decrease the font size.

Assists – right now we collect FA – Fielding attempts and E – Errors (total as opposed to by position played). We only display errors for the same horizontal space issue note above.

>at some point 'clutch' stats would be a nice way to separate clutch players/week nerves

Okay, so like batting average with runners in scoring position. Or something like that?

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, we could probably add FIP and WHIP. How popular is FIP? I don’t really see it anywhere, although I know there are baseball statisticians that think it correlates better to a pitchers actual performance/value.

For reference:

FIP
Fielding Independent Pitching converts a pitcher's three true outcomes into an earned run average-like number. The formula is (13*HR+3*BB-2*K)/IP, plus a constant (usually around 3.2) to put it on the same scale as earned run average.

Steve
joelwest

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
FIP is commonly displayed in the bb sim games I play. the advantage of FIP is the simplicity of its calculation

xFIP and SIERA are more complicated ways to determine a pitcher's innate quality

all three of these plus WHIP predict future ERA better than ERA itself

ERA depends upon fielding skill, not just whether an error is made (as so a run is not counted as earned). an outstanding fielder can "rob" a batter of hits

wins depends largely on the ability of a pitcher's team to generate runs and to a much lesser extent on the pitcher's ability to limit runs

in other bb sim games I use WHIP or FIP to rate pitchers, not ERA or wins

BAA and HRA/9 are more useful than ERA or wins. if the batter leaderboard goes to 8 stats, these would be my suggestion for the 7th and 8th pitching leader stats

Previous Page | Show All |