Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Player contracts / salary cap   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I have mentioned this once before, but it was not widely supported, but one adjustment I would support is the introduction of player contracts and a salary cap

As well as trading, Hockey Dynasty also has a salary cap

This might be a useful way of having some financial constraints in brokenbat and also make talent more widely available to more teams.

I have not found finances to be a problem on brokenbat after a season or two getting things in order; but I was also lucky to have picked up a team without too many finance issues.

Hockey Dynasty also has player contracts, so you can't just pick-up and drop-off players as you choose (they must at least complete the current season on your team and cutting them before the contract expires incurs a financial penalty).
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think the game needs any of that. Contracts would have been helpful in the old days when people would be able to hoard players. With the claiming system, contracts wouldn’t be of any use.

Regarding the salary cap, I don’t think we should have those. Having a big budget should at least allow teams to sign expensive players without worries. Teams with low budgets are already allowed to sign the expensive players. No need to lower those player’s salaries for them as well.
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that the waiver system does a good job of maintaining equity between teams' ability to sign free agents on its own.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
We’ve long debated the ideas of contracts, salary caps and in general, a more elaborate economic model. However, most of the feedback I get is that people want the game to be about the baseball games, not an economic simulation about running a baseball club. So we’ve focused heavily on the game and less on the economics of running a franchise (ergo we don’t have income from hot dog sales or a fan shop or varying sponsor packages etc.).

Steve
bilbo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My only comment is that player contracts have nothing to do with concession stands, but everything to do with managing player resources and building a successful roster whilst meeting financial constraints

However, I bow down to the consensus on this issue

For me the financial aspect of the game is near pointless at the moment. Early on I had to make some adjustments but once I got control of my expenditure and rebuilt a winning roster with cheaper players it hasn't proved to be much of a constraint to my decision making

We'll see what happens this year as my players start demanding Legend League salaries
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is something between focussing on economic simulation and totally arbitrary hire and fire. At least, there should be some kind of penalty on firing a player you've just hired in the same season.

Previous Page | Show All |