Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Profile page   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
1) ability for users to give a brief of themselves
eg.their hometown, profession, fav. team, players, etc

Okay...if we allow team press release, would that accomplish this? Or you want something more specific to the user?

2) since baseball is about pennants, some type of flag/banner that would show each championship and season won. The trophies on history page are ok but just don't do it for me

Each team has a history page that describes this.

3) a listing of each MVP, Cy Young, ROY and Rookie pitcher and year won

Okay.

4) a short description of the city the users team , similar to Wiki or Google or even from cities own home page

I like this idea, but it might take some time to implement. There are hundreds of cities in the system at this point.

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1) the profile page would be user specific for them to brag about themselves
Add a Press Release section to forums for user to brag about their teams

2) I like being able to look at teams history but the trophies remind me of bowling or softball. Pennants on user page in team colors would be awesome in my opinion

4) even copy/ paste would be time consuming but feel a bit of geography lesson / background info would be informative and interesting

I know time and effort is needed for both 2 and especially 4 I know you have a busy schedule and long to do list, just felt this is an area that needs a bit of a makeover

Keep up the good work!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Threw together a generic pennant that might work. All original work in MSPaint. Fonts are standard Windows fonts. Could make an indivudualized one for each league if adopted: http://s28.postimg.org/qlrpo3h4d/Pennant.jpg
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry, it's not like I don't like these ideas. I'm just wondering how high they should rank compared to other "game-related" features.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
For my part, I'd say cosmetic changes rank behind mechanical ones. That said, I think as long as the game continues improving at the pace I've seen in my time here, then there shouldn't be any real complaints.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe you could give us an update on things that you are working on implementing and even a timetable hen you expect to introduce them

Game mechanics are most important of course and know you devote the time you have available to continue to upgrade and improve BrokenBat. It is greatly appreciated!!
Butch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes greatly appreciated. In the short time I have been here many improvements making the game better.

A running log for all to see of any game changes would help new players know what changes have been made and also make sure current players are informed of any game change. Even if there is no information listing what is being worked on or what new plans are being considered.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Obviously, it can't please everyone all the time, but I have never seen a game (and hardly any online project) that evolves so fast along the lines suggested by users, and where everyone active in the forums can have such an impact on making this our game.
And as long as Steve isn't making any money off this, I don't think we should ask him for timelines. We all have enough pressure at work.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed Holmes. Anything I suggest on the forum is always just a suggestion, not a demand. The pace, as well as the input we as players get, is astonishing. I doubt I'm alone in my appreciation for the work and dedication Steve has obviously put in, and continues to put in, to Broken Bat.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Haselrig...you are not alone. This is a great game!

Previous Page | Show All |