Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Contingency Lineups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would be cool to be able to save multiple lineups (say 5 or 6 each) vs. both LHP and RHP. Let me explain why.

When setting my lineup, I often use the feature that lets you pick a backup for each player, should they get injured. However, a lot of the time, the replacement makes sense from a defensive point of view but not an offensive point of view. For example, suppose my starting catcher is my best on-base guy, but he gets injured. Now, my backup catcher is a terrible hitter with no plate discipline, so it doesn't make sense for my backup catcher to hit leadoff in my starting catcher's place.

To get around this, I often have to make a lot of changes in the lineup so that it makes sense with my usual leadoff hitter (or whatever slot happens to be injured). Then when the injured player gets back, I have to swap everyone back into their original places.

What I'm proposing is that we have the ability to save lineups ahead of time so that when one of the crucial slots in the lineup gets injured (I consider them to be 1, 2, 4, and 5), I can just pick a lineup from a list that I've saved ahead of time instead of manually switching everyone around on the lineup page and then eventually switching them back.

Steve, how realistic would this be for you to implement?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i would love this dearly.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that a switch to a day-to-day basis lineup maybe it'd be a good fit. Is it possible?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What do you mean by a day-to-day basis lineup?

Thanks,

Steve
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A lineup for each game, instead of a general lineup. Or along with the general.
I had the same problem yanksfan13 was having.
Considering that everyday 3 or 4 games will be played, it doesn't make sense that I have to prepare a lineup without my regular leadoff hitter even if I know he'll be available in game2 of a series, for example.
On the other hand, I can leave the old lineup with the injured player, but in 1 or 2 of that games he'll be replaced by a reserve that would not be used as a leadoff in no way.
With a lineup for each game you can choose in which position a player will play for game1, game2, game3, (game 4).
Is it clearer now?
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i would think, if there is an injured player that will become available in (for example) 2 games and you know you'll not be able to get to a device to change your lineup after those 2 games to put this player in, set your lineup with the desired player as the starter and another player as the backup, the backup will play the first 2 games, when the desired player is healed, he'll start the next one...

unless i am wrong at assuming this *looks to Steve questioningly*
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I know.
But in that case i'd need an exact copy of the injured player (a leadoff-type for a leadoff-type, a cleanup-type for a cleanup-type).
I'm not rich enough.

Previous Page | Show All |