Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> MY OVERALL THOUGHTS SO FAR....   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You raise a number of topics. I will try to answer as many as I can from the game manual and my playing experience in separate threads.

This will make it easier for others to follow and respond to individual points if they wish

It would also be useful if others who might know could identify and link to relevant discussion threads where they exist

Updated Sunday, April 20 2014 @ 3:44:05 am PDT
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool. Thanks, man! And thanks, Steve for being open to suggestions!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
1. In regards to injuries; What if a player has a “durability bar” so we/the owner can have a better idea of who’s accident prone and who’s not?

In the game, some things are displayed and some things we’ve chosen to be more opaque.

2. It would be nice to be able to copy the lineup from one side to another, as oppose to having to set it manually twice.

Okay, good suggestions. I didn’t realize people were using the same line-up versus left and right. A lot of people use platoon fairly heavily.

3. I would like a quicker way get back to my previous page after looking at a player’s page, as oppose to going back through the loops to get to where I was.

I’m not sure what path you’re following here. Usually, you can use the back arrow for naviagation.

4. HALL OF FAME. I know there’s the best players of all time stuff, but a HOF is a must! NOTE; I think the requirements (stat wise) should be as stiff as today, and not easy like it was many, many years ago.

Yeah, it’s on the ‘to-do’ list…it’s just that the list is long.

5. I think there should be more player nicknames to chose from. Cool stuff like; “Downtown” and the “Wizard”...

I will add Wizard and Downtown. Always looking for more suggestions.

6. I wish the minors roster was expanded to carry more players. And I would also like to see them play games and have stats. This may also help owners get an idea of how good players are doing performance wise.

This has been discussed before. I’m not adverse to minor league action, but there are a lot issues to resolve. Each club doesn’t have a full roster to field a separate team at each level. Do most people want to manage additional minor league teams. What about the additional server load etc.

7. I think speed, base stealing, and base running are taken very lightly in this game. It seems like speed is simply given to players, and not earned. Plus, a lot of players have a decent steal records-- Which is not really realistic. I believe that speed/base-stealing is a skill that can be learned by some, but mastered by a few. Please consider making this area an actual “skill trait” to learn. I think great base-runners/stealers should be just as rare as great hitters and pitchers.

Each skills develops and declines in a manner similar to real life. Most players coming out of high school or college aren’t going to get much faster, hence there isn’t a lot of room for growth in speed. Additional, speed tends to be a skill the declines the fastest with age, so you’ll see players lose speed before other skills.

8. It would be neat to be able to compare players stats/page side by side.

Good suggestion…I’ll add that to the ‘to do’ list. Now you know why the list is so long. I’ll have to kick the coding elves and get them to work harder! 

9. I would like the ability to look up active and retired players the same way as free agents.

You can by unchecking the ‘Free Agents Only’ check box.

10. Sometimes I notice a player’s size doesn't realistically match the player. Example; I had a five-foot-four hard throwing pitcher. LOL. A junk-baller this size may be believable, but not a fastball pitcher...

Yeah, I’ve struggle a bit with this one. Currently there isn’t a correlation between size and skills. Does that give too much away? I’ve long ponder this. The problem is, there are fireballs that are tall or big guys like Randy Johnson or Roger Clemens. But what about Pedro Martinez who wasn’t even six feet tall?

11. It would be cool to have expanded records. Like; hitting streaks, no hitters, perfect games, perhaps a 40/40 club.

Yeah, it’s just a matter of getting time to implement all this stuff. There are literally millions of baseball statistics, so it’s really a matter of doing as much as I can.

12. I would like to see players get to the majors faster. It seems like most come up around age 25 or so, when there could/should be some players ready as early as 20. I would also like to see players have more longevity. Many players play from age 35 to their 40’s and still do pretty well.

Recent, we did accelerate the training rate in the minors and older players have slightly longer longevity. I’m not sure this has completely filter through all the players yet.

13. I wish we could have more coaches/managers. For the majors and minors.

Agree….we need to do more with managers and maybe hitting and pitching coaches. It’s pretty high on the list.

14. Please, please consider letting us draft 10 rookies at the beginning of the season, as oppose to throughout the season.

This has been discussed at length. I realize it’s more like real-time, but I’m not sure it would work as well in an online game.

Thanks for all the suggestions/feedback….I’ll get to work!

Steve

Updated Sunday, April 20 2014 @ 10:20:10 am PDT
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any chance we can play the game live? You know, like if you’re online when the game plays you can make the calls rather than having the simulation do it? I dunno, just a thought...

It is supposed to be our team manager to make this decisions during the match. We can only "suggest" things in the Management section. We are owners first after all hehehe

also,it wouldn't make sense having the manager with his skills

Updated Sunday, April 20 2014 @ 12:37:06 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure exactly what you mean by "play the game live". I don't think we're going to allow "in game" adjustments (i.e. pinch hit, pull a pitcher etc.).

Steve
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The way Den put it. Only the manager would be used when offline. Just a thought...

I'll try to come up with more nickname suggestions. Thanks Steve!

HAPPY EASTER GUYS!!!

Coach Tate McCoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
2. It would be nice to be able to copy the lineup from one side to another, as oppose to having to set it manually twice.

Nice change !!! Especially as I have all switch-hitters.

Haven't checked if they're already used, but here's some more possible nicknames.

Big Bird - Jellybean - Buddy - Cornbread - Diesel - Dollar Bill - Popeye - Indiana - Forrest - Gump - Bond - Vito - Han Solo - Balboa - Rocky - Rambo - Buzz - Eastwood

Cheers
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here’s some more nickname suggestions. Not all the names are endearing, but may fit certain player types. Like for example; if I had an old pitcher that preformed alright, then I may name him The Grandfather. Just suggestions...

1. Fisherman or The Fisherman?
2. Captain Hook or Hook?
3. Boom-Boom?
4. Sweet Tooth?
5. Excitable?
6. Junk Man?
7. Screwball?
8. Trash Can Man or Garbage Man?
9. Ox?
10. Juicer or Roid Man? (Ha, ha! Just kidding...)
11. Striker?
12. Rubber Man or Rubber Arm or Noodle Arm?
13. Hit Man?
14. Sloth?
15. Jackrabbit?
16. El Diablo?
17. The Cuban Crusher?
18. Thunder From Down Under?
19. Skittles?
20. Cement Feet?
21. The Cannon?
22. Roadblock?
23. Wheels?
24. Flatfoot?
25. Dancin’?
26. Mr. Hustle?
27. Bullet?
28. The Delevery Man?
29. Grandpa or The Grandfather?
30. The Exterminator?
31. Sweetness?
32. King Of Swing?
33. Hammerhead?
34. Floater Man?
35. Suitcase?
36. Tank?
37. Pete The Heat?
38. Line Drive?
39. Freight Train
40. Horror Show?

Updated Monday, April 21 2014 @ 9:43:25 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Why don't we use the Nickname suggestions thread.

Also, it would be helpful if you noted the placement of the nickname and whether you think its appropriate for pitcher, hitter or both.

Steve
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No problemo, Steve!

Previous Page | Show All |