Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Disabled List   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MidWest

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There should be a disabled list for players that are injured,so we can place them there.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Uhm, what would be the difference to sending them to AAA? Getting them off the 50-man-roster? Do you actually hire free agents to replace injured players and fire them afterwards?
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea.

Earlier this week I had some Pitching injuries that I couldn't really cover from the minors so I signed up some temporary players.

I had space on the roster to jig it around however I think having a DL like system would make a lot of sense.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
here's an idea...

there was a discussion earlier about managers hoarding players...if the game was to set up a system where if a player has played more than a certain number of games or is above a certain age, or some other factor i can't necessarily think of right now...if you want to send him to the minors...he gets put on waivers for 24 (real life) hours...

so...if he's good...he's probably gonna get claimed...so then...if he is injured...you could have the ability to put him on the disabled list opening a spot for a minor to come up...

when you have a guy come up from the minors, he gets a week long waiver exclusion...that way, you don't have to bring up a guy who meets the waiver requirements and then he'll be claimed when you send him back down or you won't have to pull up a youngster that's not ready for the majors yet and rush his development...

this will stop managers hoarding good players in their minor system allowing more good players to be available for more teams...
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Very bad and complicated idea, and it’s not nice for managers who choose to focus solely on development to try to force their strategy on everybody else.

If managers want to hoard 50 veteran free agents they should be allowed to.

The claiming system is what’s really preventing teams from hoarding talent and that system should run at his full potential without any claiming restrictions or rules that make people not want to place claims, like teams not being eligible for previously claimed players, if roster gets filled with other claimed player.
Tv4IE

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
DL doesn't seem to be neccesary at the moment.(unless injurys become more active which I would not like that to happen)

I like tc_ferdzz idea on the hoarding players part(24hrs to attempt to be sent to minors(if only over the age of 25 would be added tho))

I would like to suggest a branch to the idea, as it could also enhance the activity on free agent signees(change so they can immediately be sent to the minors, if room is available of course) This would still make the minor system versatile while making waiver clam. While also tweaking the waiver clam system so the 26 or older players have to be sent to the majors.

While Mig2012 is correct as it could change ways others play this idea however, it could give everyone a chance to improve thier team on thier choices they make. It can get complicated but very interesting as well. It makes thier choices to be more critical really.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You guys are talking nonsense. It's impossible to hoard talent with the system we have now.

You guys seem paranoid that some other team may sign all those free agents you guys didn't want in the first place.

If you don't want talent on the market to be hoarded by other teams, place your claims on them. It's as simple as that.

If other teams don't care about farming systems, and want to sign 50 Japanese players or 50 players with moustaches instead, it's nobody else's business.
Tv4IE

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Miggy, ...lines 1 and 3 contradict with one another...

I do however agree,it is unlikey to hoard other players in this current wavier system, however this could support a different type of wavier system (where the highest losses gets highest priority); if this system happens to ever change.

I'm not worried that the free agents will run out, more like the opposite. By each draft(approximately 700 draftees) free agents grow, in the free agence thier is currently not enough room to see all of them by age at once(including both pitcher and non-pitcher above age 20), with only the current +35 retirement plan, thier will always be a huge stock pile of free agents; either more people needs to get more involved with free agents or alot of early retirements need to be made.

Also, no one is demanding others to play the game thier way.

Anyways I'm going way off topic... just to make this somewhat relevant; I don't currently think the DL is neccesary at this time.

Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, I get it now. You guys don't want to be bothered with free agency and claims and because of that you want some kind of rule restraining those who are active in the market.

That's being selfish.

Previous Page | Show All |