Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Re: March 26th, 2014 - New background...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
>We changed the background image a bit – I think the windows pop off the page a >bit more now. Let me know what you think.

unfortunately, my monitor's so crappy I cannot tell the difference.

Instead I dare to ask for replacing the background image we see when we look at a game's boxscore.

I don't complain about the "throwback newspaper" style. That's fine.
But the words that can still be read here and there, I don't like at all.

WAR
ARMY
DUTY
VICTORY
PEACE

That's... unsettling
Not quite baseball-ish
Looks more like WWII kind of thing.
Maybe something about the World Series, or Spring Training, or the Hall of Fame, anything better than the military, I mean
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, maybe I can find another newspaper background to use. The problem is finding ones that are free to use.

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
First off, I really appreciate your willingness to accept suggestions and, often, to apply changes to this game of yours, which I truly enjoy!

Regarding copyright laws, I'm really not sure how they do apply to newspapers' work.
Overhere, in Italy, copyright is held for 70yrs after the death of the author.
But in case of newspapers, we cannot really know who's the author. Dunno.

However, as for ancient baseball stuff, for which I'm a bug!, a recent series of articles appeared on the WhiteSox section of SBNation site (Yahoo Sports, that is). It tells the story of the NYGiants-CWS 1913 world tour.

http://www.southsidesox.com/white-sox-world-tour-100th-anniversary

Besides being great reading, sometimes quite funny, there's a lot of 100years material, pictures, newspaper clipping and such.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
An idea: as a background we may use some part of the poem "Casey at the Bat" (which, BTW, is the only poetry I know by heart!).

Written with a oldish character font, on a yellowish/old paper-like background, it could make the trick.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it! Looks more professional and reminds me of the wood of a baseball bat

Previous Page | Show All |