Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Energy for players?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was thinking we have stamina for pitchers, what about energy for players? Maybe alongside there name in the line-up screen. I was just thinking that because I have a catcher who has already caught 112 games this season which is kinda unrealistic. At most he should catch like 120 in a season.

Thanks
Randy Bobandy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, in real life, most position players (other than catchers) play every game unless they're injured. Maybe some of them get a couple innings off here or there or a full day once a month but we don't want to force too much lineup juggling. There is obviously some platooning as well but in general unless injured, most starters start pretty well every game.
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah I see what you mean, I guess I was looking just at catchers lol obviously they can't play every game but I guess pretty everyone else pretty much can.
Randy Bobandy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, in real life, most position players (other than catchers) play every game unless they're injured. Maybe some of them get a couple innings off here or there or a full day once a month but we don't want to force too much lineup juggling. There is obviously some platooning as well but in general unless injured, most starters start pretty well every game.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...in general, playing the game of baseball isn't so stressful that players lose energy/stamina over time (except for pitchers which require time for their arms to recover).

The frequency, short-term injuries exist in large part to handle the existence of minor injuries and days off that happen in real baseball. It seems cumbersome to force managers in an online game to periodically give guys days off to recover energy -- although it could be done with some sort of energy threshold.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the playing time distribution with the current injury profile. Backups get some playing time and there are very few long-term injuries that ruin whole seasons.

Steve
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hell no.

I like Broken Bat also because it hasn't the energy issue for other players than pitchers.

I agree with Steve.

Previous Page | Show All |