Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 4 man pitching rotation.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It has been pretty effective so far. I have all my pitchers set so they don't go pass their fatigue limit.
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I ran the second half of last season with only 4 starters. Wasn't a problem at all. Should be good for anyone as long as your starters have about 15+ stamina
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Also, there is a period in the schedule (cup knock-out stage) where there are sizable breaks for teams no longer in the cup.

Steve
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Pleased to see the changes of options for the pitching rotation.

I wondered why the 6 man rotation was not included:
  • is it because it is rarely used?
  • Or because it is somewhat frowned upon by some because it reduces bullpen options? I had a link to an article, but I can't find it now

I have used something like this by regularly adjusting my pitching rotation with the spot starter. This is where I have had to make a little talent go a long way.

I have often turned to using younger developing pitchers and / or older declining pitchers as starters, but they can present challenges because:
  • they have lower stamina and can't pitch as deep into a game or
  • are they are less talented and have an increased probability of messing up if left in games too long

As long as there is struggle to find pitching talent in brokenbat (which I think it should be), I think the six-man rotation would be a useful alternate; particularly for those in the lower divisions searching for different ways to win.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's different in real life where there are few off days, those are often lost to rainouts (which don't really rest the pitchers) and there is the occasional double header.
With all the off days the vast majority of our teams have due to the cup schedule, I don't see a reason for a six-man-rotation. To give a chance to young talent, I find it much more efficient to alternate the fourth or fifth starter - that way you can select which teams the new guy faces.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It wasn't included, because in real baseball nobody uses a 6-man rotation. It would be a more dramatic change to add 6-man rotations, but I will look into whether it is needed.

Steve
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball

in real baseball nobody uses a 6-man rotation

It's not a big deal but I am not making this stuff up

Updated Thursday, March 6 2014 @ 3:36:04 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It might be possible, but it would probably mean the spot starter becomes the 6th starter.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...6-man rotation added.

Steve
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow! Impressive speed of response. I hope someone uses it now.

Thanks Crackit

Previous Page | Show All |