Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Developing Managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So in MLB, most of the managers are former big league players, or even just players who played in the minors for most of their careers. My suggestion is that a new stat would be added for all current players called either "Intelligence of Baseball" or "Knowledge of the Game". Something like that.

This stat would be different from everything else because it should increase VERY slowly throughout a player's career. Maybe make this stat independent, as in not related to a player's overall potential/skill. The purpose of this would be that the older players have more knowledge of the game than the younger players, so that when they retire they are better suited to become managers.

In addition to this, I am thinking that we can add managers to the minors to develop them to become a team's future manager. This might be difficult, but you can also have the managers in the minors affect how fast the other players in the minors develop.

So essentially, you would have a player who retires at ~37, and maybe has a good knowledge of the game at that point, so you throw him into the minors for a few years as a manager. Maybe by age 43 he has enough knowledge (along with other manager stats) that he can be promoted to the big leagues?

I know this would be a difficult feature to add to this game but I think it would be fun to get the players involved in the future. The superstars don't necessarily have to have more knowledge of the game, in fact we could follow how the MLB is currently situated in that more of the average players become the great managers.

Lastly, I would just want to mention that the older the manager is, the better he should be. So a 60 year old manager should have a lot more knowledge of the game (or maybe just better overall stats) than a fresh 45 year old manager.

Previous Page | Show All |