League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> V.6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Gun

Quickly dipping my toe in here mate to wish you all the best this season.

You'll be sorely missed, still hoping that one of the newbies to your old league will get into the communicating friendly banter that we both enjoyed.

It looks like you have another correspondent - how soon one forgets - lol!

Seriously, enjoy your year and I'm sure you're punch above 3rd.

All the best

Jim
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is time for my 100% stat prediction that will have about 20% chance of accuracy.

Congrats to the Nantucket Lions and the Fort Smith Rockets on their promotions and welcome the Charlotte Chill Peppers to V.6.

This comparison is just taking the raw data of the players plugged into a spread sheet.

It is looking like a 3 team race for number 1 and 2 teams that will be at the bottom of the league.

First here is the comparisons.

Altoona
Exp:4th
Hit:5th
Slugger:5th
Speed:2nd
Defense:5th
Fastball:4th
Pitching Skill:5th

Charlotte
Exp:2rd
Hit:2nd
Slugger:2nd
Speed:5th
Defense:4th
Fastball:6th
Pitching Skill:4th

Fort Smith
Exp:5th
Hit:6th
Slugger:6th
Speed:1st Fastest team
Defense:6th
Fastball:2nd
Pitching Skill:6th

Nantucket
Exp:1st Most Experienced
Hit:1st Best Hitters
Slugger:4th
Speed:2nd
Defense:3rd
Fastball:3rd
Pitching Skill:1st Best Bullpen

Nashville
Exp:6th
Hit:2nd
Slugger:1st Best Sluggers
Speed:4th
Defense:2nd
Fastball:5th
Pitching Skill:3rd

White Plains
Exp:3rd
Hit:4th
Slugger:3rd
Speed:6th
Defense:1st Best Defense Skills
Fastball:1st Pitchers with most velocity
Pitching Skill:2nd

So this year my prediction for East based on rankings:
1st White Plains
2nd Nantucket
3rd Nashville
4th Charlotte
5th Altoona
6th Fort Smith

Inter divisional games and winning the close games, as always will be a factor in who is number one.
The battle will be between Nantucket's bats and bullpen vs Nashville's all around good play vs White Plains defense and pitching. There is still a whole season of changes, injuries and BB gods that can make all of this change. That is why we play the games.
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good day all

Sorry I’ve been a stranger here this far - extremely busy at work and getting busier by the week.

Gun thanks for the spread sheet - although as I’ve emailed my bats pop seems to have gone so far this year and my Cy Young pitcher seems pretty average compared to last season so I’m really needing things to click and soon otherwise I feel a .500 season is on the cards.

All the best guys and I’ll see you out at the park

Jim
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to The Devils for winning our Div this year - looked likely winners pretty much from the get go

Here’s to hoping a decent couple waiver SPs and hot bats so Gunnand I can light it up next year…

We’ll we can all hope - not a pitch been thrown but the 2053 dream begins - lol!

Cheers and see you out at the park

Jim
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another season about to start could be an interesting year

Gonna take a couple of chances with pitchers this year hopefully won’t put me under too much pressure but as long as my bats get a bit hotter than last year I should - fingers crossed stay out of the relegation zone

I’m excited that some young bats will mature and Augustine rediscovers his awesome slugging - if so I should hang tough for the 3rd / 2nd position - ready for a title tilt the following season

Gun are gonna breakout your excel sheet this year? Always like reading them

All the best guys and I’ll see you all out at the park

Cheers Jim
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On the eve of the season, I'd like to wish all the best in my league - may the best team win on the Diamond and not via injuries

Respectfully

Jim
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Last year in the last 4 games I needed 2 wins to advanced and I didn't get them.

This year I need 2 wins in the last 4 games. I starting C gets injured for the rest of the season with 6 games remaining. No worries I will use my backup C. I lose the first 1 but win the second. Great news but hang on for a minute, your backup C is now injured 1 game and as a bonus prize for getting that win we are also taking out your lead off hitter for 11 days because "We hear at Broken Bat want to make sure you stress right until the end of the season."

Ok vent done. LOL
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oopps sorry guys I missed this original V.6

All the best for the season - my pitching is pretty weak so might be taking a step into the basement again

Cheers and see you out at the park

Jim
Fireballer34

Hollywood Velociraptors
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This league is shaping up to be really competitive between us, Logan, and Milpitas. Good luck everyone!
Fireballer34

Hollywood Velociraptors
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I really don’t know how we are in first, we are playing awful.

Previous Page | Show All |