League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> VI.22   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like its all yours now, Geech.

We picked a really bad time (not that there's ever a good time) to have our worst run of the season at 2-9, while the Turtles have gone 10-0. We scored just 40 runs in that time (and just 5 in winning two games after that streak), a 4.0 average when we averaged 6.5 runs per game for the previous 138 games. Nothing you can do about that.

Technically, with a four-game series to play against each other, there's still a chance to overturn the five game lead. But the way we've played recently we'll be lucky to break .500 for the remaining games. The previous Palm Desert series was the killer, that set us on the slide: 1-3 with the losses by a combined 4 runs, when we had been 11-2 against them going in. Disappointing end to what had been a terrific season.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
It does look good for the Turtles, but I'm not counting my chickens yet. Last season we lost 7 of our last ten games in the season to cap a second half slide, and to be frank I've spent the entire second half this year waiting for that shoe to drop.
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Instead it was our shoe that dropped. Last ten games my previously-prolific offence is hitting somewhere around .200, yet our season AVG is .289.

McGuire is hitting .386 for his last ten games but he's missed our last eight through injury, and is out for this next series too. No-one else is hitting more than .250 and only four are over .222. My monster hitters Paredes and Romero are a combined .220. I thought Paredes might challenge the BB records for homers and RBI at halfway, and he was still on target until these last 15 games or so.

Could all be over tonight.
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Geech! Solid run at the end to win it, good luck at the next level.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you! My little Turtles did me proud.

I hope you don't feel too bad about the way your season turned out. 100 wins is a great season, even if the end left a bit of a bad taste.
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting that this league has one division with all bots and one division with all human players.
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, but don't underestimate the east. In the lost season, they beat the west overall by 45 games. only Palm desert and Saginaw had above .500 records at the crash, and not by much.
Eric83

Brentwood Bearcats
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah interesting, I thought maybe it would be more top-heavy on that side, since Starkville has a .721 winning percentage as of today. Looks like one of the bot teams got acquired since I made the original post too.
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
I have no idea what the difference was between the divisions cut it was day after day after day of the west getting only 1 or 2 wins from the beginning of the games to the end.
pgiger17

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ayo ready for season to start

Previous Page | Show All |