League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> All Level VI   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The cup days can be rest for your older players, experience for your younger players, and money from attendance that can be used for payroll for free agents to gain promotion to each new level where we can compete and get stronger. I am highly competitive and want to win and advance so that when I leave LL VI I won't be back and will use the same strategy in each level along the way.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cup is a boost to exp for younger guys, but at the same time not advancing is a huge hindrance to bad teams. That's why I've always wanted the ability to schedule friendly series on cup days after you are eliminated.

As far as league goes, I'm dominating so far. My guys are hitting the cover off the ball against the terrible pitching in vi.26. My pitching is blah. But I honestly don't care as long as they grow. I need pitchers something fierce. I have 4 long shots in starting or setup roles to try to maximize innings and see if any pan out.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like my team. My hitting is great but my pitching is 2nd or 3rd in the division. I am about a season or two from making a run to start competing with some of the better leagues. I just don't want to come back to level 6 at all after I promote.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
there in lies what i do every season. my full season finishes are 5, 1, 3, 5, 1, 3, and 5.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cup is a blessing and a curse, but you have to deal with it. You don't want to injure yourself, try using the minors and some FA fillers, just keep in mind to reassign them back before the economic/training update, and change the lineup/pitching for the league games. Or do as I do, give a damn about it and play with your full team.
orionbrando

Pharr Pugs
V.13

Broken Bat Baseball
First time really trying the forums! I mean I always come and check but never post, I'm still kind of new, started around the end of last season!Enjoying it so far!
Looking forward to our inter-divisional match against dwindacatcher (Grand Blanc Vikings) since we are on top of each conference, at least so far!
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bring it on :)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new to the game, in VI.19. This team I took is quite literally near the bottom of the barrel. I'm looking at the upcoming cup schedule and freaking out a little bit, not really sure what to do. I get the feeling I'm going to get obliterated and be out, sitting on my butt for a long stretch. I see other comments here about playing young players and being worried about injuries to key players. I too would like to see the cup in November and not before the beginning of the season, primarily for that injury concern.

Anyway, hopefully after a few seasons I can make a bit of progress with this team. We'll see how this cup thing goes first.

Updated Sunday, July 10 2016 @ 4:00:30 pm PDT
knoxvol

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
^Glad to see this. Two years later the Ravens are in LL II. Hopefully the Leopards will follow suit!

Feeling pretty bad about going down three seasons in a row. On the other hand, I always felt a little regret about not taking a LL VI team from the get-go and starting from the bottom. Looks like I will get to anyways.
Jawaboy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, fairly new to the game, took over a team in last place towards the end of the last season and managed to finish one place higher, think i'm starting to get the hang of things and hopefully my prospects will start to come through and improve my squad to make me competitive.

Previous Page | Show All |