Forum >> Leagues >> V.9   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking back on my post from the start of the season:

1. Yep 90 win streak broken

2. Not get relegated (yep)

3. Solid team....lol, League 5 was much tougher than I thought it would be. I had to go out and make some aquisitions around the AS break to avoid relegation. This meant benching some of my starters and playing overpriced FA veterans.

4. Afterthought: Been looking at numbers all second half and still can't see how I had such a good back half. My run scoring was next to last in the league, my pitching was eeeeh mid pack maybe lower. The only thing that stands out is Defense, my fielding pct was league best. I was also league best in 1 run games, which may be attributed to my relief pitching, anyway, happy to have survived my first season in V.

5. Another afterthought: Congrats to Belleville and LaGrange for winning their respective divisions!!

Also the intense 3 way battle in the East to avoid VI between Valdosta, Quincy, and Grand Island. GI had the best pitching in the league and the worst offense which is what did them in as their RD cost them when they tied with Quincy.

Also I think Quincy may have broke a BB record for most name changes in a season, not sure on the number but it was a few lol.

Great Season guys looking forward to next season (predictions to come) ;)
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Youve got a good team. You were the victim of a very good division. If you were in the west with me I predict you would have been battling me for the division title.
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Noodle,

The West definately looked weaker this season, most of the year I was thinking "sure would be nice to be over there". Though mostly feel for Grand Island, I remember them beating the snot out of me in my first season in VI, they got the shaft this year with the East being so strong.

Looking forward to once again doing battle, good luck in IV!!
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I still haven't settled on a name :)

I want to see my city options in the offseason and I'll lock in on something then.
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With only days to go until the new season the Ducks hopes of grabbing some talent off waivers has pretty much been snuffed out.

Pair that with my worst draft season EVER last year and our aging staff I don't see the Ducks making any kind of run at IV.

I think our pitching will be decent again this year, and our defense may see a slight decline as we dropped quite a few points from age.

My stagnant offense looks like it will be even more so this year, as we again lost a few points to age and letting one of our best sluggers go (wanted to replace for defense and less K's) :/ well that didn't work out....yet

I will continue to surf the wire looking for the holy grail of pickups in hopes of making a second half run (like last year) but for now I see us finishing in the 3rd, 4th spot in the East. I think our record will take a slight dip to 85-75, and hopefully it will be good enough to avoid relegation.

Good Luck to rest of the Field!! GO DUCKS!!
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Predictions for 2034

WEST
1. Loveland Tigers
2. Waco Phoenix
3. Round Rock Yankees
4. Strongsville Bikers
5. Murrieta Friars
6. North Portola Roadrunners

EAST
1. Indianapolis Big Rigs
2. Southfield Crusaders
3. Brookhaven Mustangs
4. Essex Wolves
5. Manchester Patriots
6. Sandy Springs Samurai
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like these are going to be pretty far off LOL
cloudzell91

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
new owner of Southfield Crusaders here, seeing the team from 2nd in east in previous post to Eliminated is just smh. hihihi
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone active in the forums in this league?
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone else interested in turning this into an active forum?

Previous Page | Show All |