League Forum

Forum >> Leagues >> IV.4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm definitely hoping for a Bobcats vs Bobcats championship. What a series that would be.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP! The Bobcats sweep the Ambulators to move into first place in the west with 1 series to go. After being back 3 games in the division and Deadwood having the better RD the Bobcats were a longshot to win but they are now in first place with just 1 series left to go.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Cats Win! The Cats Win! The Cats have won the IV.4 west pennant and will play the Gastonia Cowboys in the league championship series. What I season for the Cats after starting 1-10 and being in last place through 1/3 of the season. 6 straight wins with just 1 game remaining in the season including a 4 game sweep of former division leaders Deadwood has propelled the Cats to this point.
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
nice job Squidd! Wish we could have kept up our part of the Cats Vs Cats playoffs. Maybe down the line and up a level.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hopefully, i'm just hoping I don't have a horrible 102 lose season like I did last time I was in III.2

Updated Monday, August 24 2020 @ 7:59:43 pm PDT
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
2046 Regular Season Oklahoma Bobcats Report
After starting the season 1-10 and in last place after the first third (22-28) the Bobcats go 93-67 and win the IV.4 West.
West after first third
1. 29-21 Deadwood
2. 29-21 0 GB Inglewood
3. 24-26 5 GB Columbus
4. 23-27 6 GB National City
5. 23-27 6 GB Kirkland
6. 22-26 7 GB Oklahoma City

West after second third
1. 64-46 Deadwood
2. 63-34 1 GB Inglewood
3. 61-49 3 GB National City
4. 61-49 3 GB Oklahoma City
5. 55-55 9 GB Columbus
6. 48-62 16 GB Kirkland

West after third third
1. 93-67 Oklahoma CIty
2. 92-68 1 GB Deadwood
3. 87-73 6 GB National City
4. 79-81 14 GB Inglewood
5. 76-84 17 GB Kirkland
6. 75-85 18 GB Columbus

West team records in third third
32-18 Oklahoma City
28-22 Deadwood
28-22 Kirkland
26-24 National City
20-30 Columbus
16-34 Inglewood

Bobcats Records by Rounds
1st Innerleague
4-12
8-9
10-7
Interleague
20-10
19-11
2nd Innnerleague
13-3
8-9
11-6

The Bobcats actually had a losing record the 2nd round through innerleague the 2nd time through. Their first since the 2nd round through the 1st time (8-9 records both times). The 13-3 first round and 6-1 finish really kicked the Bobcats from 4th after 2 thirds to 1st at the seasons end.

Bobcats Record vs each team (listed in order we played against them)

Innerleague
National City 10-10
Inglewood 13-7
Kirkland 9-11
Deadwood 10-10
Columbus 12-8

Interleague
Savannah 10-0
Fort Wayne 3-7
Moorhead 6-4
Binghampton 7-3
Gastonia 6-4
Coconut Creek 7-3

The Bobcats really played well against Inglewood and Columbus, as well as most of the interleague.

Congrats to bigmanchris and the Gastonia Cowboys and may the best team win the IV.4 Championship Series.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
25-25 through the first 50, not the worst but definitely could have gone better and the 1-9 vs Inglewood surely doesn't help.

Updated Monday, December 21 2020 @ 10:47:56 am PST
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Between the out-of-town weekend, doing Cup analysis stuff Monday, the internet going down for almost a full day, and having a collection of errands to run this afternoon, I haven’t had the chance to do my usual preseason by-the-numbers analysis of teams for the league yet. I’ll try to do those tonight.
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Back to IV! We need to re-load to try to get promoted again. Hired new manager and released several vets that were at the end of the lie. Probably one year to late to make changes! Good luck to all.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …So. Been a couple of seasons since I’ve put one of these up. I had technical difficulties in ’50, and last season I was just… bluh. But I managed to get this season’s by-the-numbers thing put together, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of each team. Usual disclaimer: This is all strictly by-the-numbers, everything copied from rosters and run through a spreadsheet, don’t hold any of this against me, so forth and so on.

————————————————————

I V . 4   W E S T 

Columbus Patriots
 The Patriots are a good hitting team with unmatched bat control and plate discipline. Their power is only slightly subpar, but their speed is at the bottom of the West. Their fielding and range is slightly suspect, but run on the league’s best arms at your own peril. Velocity and change of speed are nothing to write home about, but exceptional movement and control will make a lot of hitters look silly.

Prediction: 2nd — A touch more defense and this team is untouchable.

Fresno Eagles
 The Eagles have solid hitting and average power and speed, but bat control and discipline are a bit on the low side. Another team with below average fielding and range but excellent arms, which could make for some odd moments on defense. In opposition to Columbus, this team has good velocity and change of speed, but inferior movement and control.

Prediction: 4th — A generally average-ish team, a generally average-ish result.

Kailua Manta Rays
 The Manta Rays have the worst bat control in the West, but above average hitting and plate discipline and the division’s most power. They’re the fastest team in the league, and their closest competition is well over a point-and-a-half behind them (on a 0-20 scale). Their fielding is the East’s worst, but range and arm are notably above average; defensive shenanigans are likely. They have average-ish velocity and movement, but poor change of speed and control. Their West-leading stamina could be taxed.

Prediction: 1st — Or so say the numbers, but their defense and pitching may have other ideas.

Applewood Crossing Athletics
 The Athletics are the worst contact in the West, with poor bat control and not much discipline. Their power is good, but there will be a lot of three-true-outcome plate appearances. Their speed is average. Defensively, this team is a powerhouse, leading the division in fielding with above average range and almost average arms. Their velocity is average and change of speed and movement don’t match well against the West, but their control is solid.

Prediction: 6th — The defense may make the pitching better, but it won’t make up for inconsistent offense.

Janesville Jokers
 The Jokers are a bot controlled team. Their hitting is suspect, but their bat control is superb, with discipline and power being a touch above average and speed a touch below. Their fielding and arms are also a bit subpar, but their range tops the division — they’ll get to everything, but it might not be pretty once they do. Good control and stamina is all the pitching staff has going for it; everything else is well below the division’s average.

Prediction: 5th — Their hitting will get them out of the basement, but pitching and defense will sink them.

Navajo Nation Fighting Perogies
 The Perogies lead the West in contact with great bat control, but are a bit undisciplined and lack power. They’re not a particularly quick team. Their fielding is good, but their range and arms are the West’s worst and will invite aggressive running. Their pitching is a stark contrast of low stamina, IV.4’s worst control, and league-best everything else.

Prediction: 3rd — Consistent barrages of hits, wild pitching, and sluggish defense average out to… well… average.

————————————————————

I V . 4   E A S T 

Germantown Giants
 The Giants are above average across the board in offensive categories and lead the East in plate discipline; they sport the strongest overall team offense in IV.4 this season. Fielding and range practically match the division’s average, but East-worst arms could see them hurt by speedy runners. Aside from league-worst stamina, their pitching is solidly above average at its worst, and their velocity notably leads the East.

Prediction: 1st — As long as they don’t wear out the pitching staff, the Pennant is theirs.

Louisville Cardinals
 The Cardinals feature the worst contact and best power in IV.4, with above average bat control and discipline for the East — this team screams three-true-outcome baseball. Their division-best speed will make pitching around them a risky proposition. Fielding and range straddle the division’s average, but their arms (along with Gastonia’s) are the best in the East. Their velocity is the league’s worst (by nearly two full points on a 0-20 scale) and movement is lacking, but change of speed and control are solid.

Prediction: 4th — Stronger pitching and more consistent offense are needed for this team to get anywhere.

Gastonia Cowboys
 The Cowboys are a good contact team with great discipline and power, but league-worst bat control. Below average speed pairs with that to suggest that this team would be well suited for swinging for the fences. Their range could be better, but the fielding is good and their arms match Louisville’s as the East’s best. The pitching staff’s movement and stamina rank as the division’s best, but only velocity joins them as above average (and that only barely).

Prediction: 3rd — With slightly better pitching and defense, this team is right in the thick of things.

Deerfield Beach Rats
 The Rats have IV.4’s best contact with excellent bat control, but league-worst discipline and power — the latter being nearly three full points (again, 0-20 scale) behind the next worst team. Even with roughly average speed, a smallball approach should surprise nobody. League-worst fielding and lackluster arms will pair with great range for comedies of errors. Velocity is above average and control barely so, but that’s the best their pitching offers.

Prediction: 6th — The offense won’t score nearly enough to make up for shoddy pitching and defense.

Binghamton Bobcats
 The Bobcats are an exceptional contact team with average discipline, but neither bat control nor power stack up well against the East. They are IV.4’s slowest team, which could lead to barrages of singles and station-to-station baserunning. Their fielding is unrivaled in the league, but both range and arms leave something to be desired. Velocity and movement are both above average, but change of speed and control both lead the East.

Prediction: 2nd — Powerhouse pitching and offensive onslaughts will compensate for most defensive insufficiencies.

Schenectady Rebels
 The Rebels are a bot controlled team. They lack contact and have average plate discipline, which could limit baserunners, but their power is good and their bat control leads the division. As one of the speedier teams in the East, they could surprise opponents with sneaky bunts as often as home run swings. League-best range with decent arms and atrocious fielding might have the bot pulling its hair out if it had any. Movement is excellent, but nothing else is at the division’s average, particularly change of speed.

Prediction: 5th — A solid offense won’t be enough with that pitching and defense pairing.

————————————————————

Playoff prediction: Kailua in seven — …But again, so say the numbers. The Manta Rays biggest advantage is they can leave a hot pitcher in longer than the Giants.

Previous Page | Show All |