mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck and congrats!
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, back in good old V.7. I think we will be bouncing between this and LL IV for a little while, don't quite have the caliber of players to stay up.
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Bombers are in the same cup group as Gastonia and after both of our records last season looking forward to some close games with them (plus theyre our first cup opponent). Maybe a foreshadowing of inter-league later on in the season. Since we were all like 3 games apart in the west last season i expect that our regular season should be close and exciting again. See you Camarillo after the cup games.
carlossweb

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Greetings from the new owner of the Ventura Aces.

We're currently working on rebuilding the team and trying to save the category.
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
welcome carlos and good luck with that, Ventura's had a rough run of things this season but not too late to turn it around. Weve got a lot of action going on in the west right now i haven't really been following the east like i should be

In the west Inglewood has been obviously dominant with their pitching staff being pretty strong all round and Their batting being decent but not out-standing. They've for sure got the best Pitching staff in the West.

National City has had a much weaker pitching staff then Inglewood, there bats have been strong all year leading to some high scoring victorys. Probably the best all round bats in the west

Cedar Hill has been barely holding on to 3rd place and battling for the spot with Beverly Hills all season, Our pitching has been decent at best and our bats can really only seem to hit Home Runs (which were leading the league in) Our best aspect has been our fielding, with our catcher and middle infielders really showing their skills. Which leads me to believe we've got the best defense in the west

Beverly Hills has been bouncing back and forth with Cedar Hill for the 3rd and 4th spot, Beverly Hills won the last series with Cedar Hill 3 games to 1. Thats a series I've come to call the battle of the hills. The Hornets bats have been a little better than the Bombers but our pitchers have been slightly better. were pretty even all round.

Camarillo has had a rough go of things, they hired a new manager at the first of the month and their pitching being poor, their bats have been their strongest piece of the team and are performing pretty well at the plate

Ventura has been controlled by a bot all season so hoping that carlos can turn thing around for his team and bring it back. good luck with that

Thats what ive been seeing recently in the west, good luck guys!
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Inglewood definitely showed how strong their pitching has been all season with tonight all-star game. Although it wasnt enough to bring the west to a victory every single pitcher on the west was from Inglewood

The star of the show for the east i would say was Rochester's Jose Macia. Hes been great this season for Rochester with 20 saves and 10 holds in 35 games. He showed his talent tonight as well holding the west scoreless for 3 innings to win the game.

In the end i think this was just a battle of bats with both pitching staffs being very strong. The Inglewood pitching powerhouse vs a mixed group of East pitchers were very even. In the end East just out hit us. In the end it was a solid 6-4 victory for the east. Congratulations East!
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow! Great job bringing ventura back from last carlos. I dont know what youve been doing over there but keep it up. Cant wait for inter-league to end so we can all get a chance to play the new ventura.
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not even gonna lie braddles youve got me scared right now. Its been alternating wins and losses since the playoffs started so if this continues ill win game 1 tomorrow and youll finish it in game 7. I kinda suspected wed go to game 7 after my record against you in inter-division play was 4-4. The games weve won against you have been tight battles but your wins have been much more dominant. I had to make some pitching adjustments as my closer was throwing away games. Anyways im hoping to take this all the way to game 7 and give you a run for your money. Good luck!
Jaybrams

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, back in div V after a tough season in div IV. Last round i was in V.8 so looking forward to matching up against unfamiliar players.

Depending on how Waiver / Free Agency go, this will likely be a tough rebuilding mode year. As of right now, 3 young Starting Pitchers that show moments of promise, but have been very inconsistent.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 So I’m a bit out of practice on the whole preseason analysis thing, but I do still have the spreadsheet for it. I decided it was long overdue in dusting it off.

Bear in mind, this is strictly by-the-numbers and quick-n’-dirty analysis. It doesn’t look at pitcher usage, who’s played at what position, or take previous season stats into account. For entertainment purposes only, and all that.

Also, before I start in:
» Description of a team as good or bad at a particular thing is in comparison to the league average of that particular aspect.

————————————————————

V . 7   W E S T 

Cedar Hill Bombers
 The West’s Bombers aren’t the best hitting team , but bat control, discipline, and power all rank highly. Their speed is more or less average, but the league average is also a bit on the high side. Their defense is superb, with V.7’s best range and excellent fielding. Their pitchers have the league’s best movement, but the West’s worst control.

Prediction: 1st — Unpredictable pitching will be carried by offense and defense.

College Station Athletics
 The Athletics are the worst contact team in V.7, and are below average nearly everywhere else offesively as well. The exception is speed, which could prove troublesome when they do get on base. Fielding and range are roughly average for the West, but their arms top the league — run at your own peril. While their pitching is below average nearly across the board, they’re tied at the top for the best heat on the mound.

Prediction: 5th — The average-ish pitching and defense would hold if not for anemic offense.

Tuscon Stallions
 The Stallions are well below average on contact, but make up for it in patience and power — they’ll wait for their pitch and make sure it doesn’t land anytime soon if they connect. Their speed is a bit off the league average, but again, fairly speedy league. Their gloves are notably subpar, but range and arm are both marginally above average. They have the lowest velocity in the division, but their junkball selection and command are all comfortably north of the league average.

Prediction: 3rd — The offense won’t be reliable, but everything else will keep them respectable.

National City Rebels
 The Rebels are the West’s best contact team, and they’ll need it with the division’s worst discipline. Their speed is marginally above average, which is enough that just putting the ball in play could add up over time, especially since the bats do have a fair bit of power in them. Their fielding is the best in V.7, but their range is the worst in the West and their arms aren’t much better off. Velocity and and stamina are both near or at the top of the division, but nothing else approaches league average.

Prediction: 4th — The offense will need to pick up a lot of slack for the pitching and sluggish defense.

Beavercreek Beavers
 The Beavers focus on contact and discipline at the expense of bat control and power, being amng the best or the worst in the league, respectively. They’re easily the fastest team in the league, however; expect aggressive running and an on-over-in approach. The fielding is just a tick below averate and the arms are a bit weak, but their range is exceptional. Velocity and movement are a bit low, but command and exceptional change of speed should make up for that.

Prediction: 2nd — A little more anything and this team is ready to go places.

Huntington Beach Demons
 The West’s Demons are a great contact team, but that’s the extent of their offensive capabilities. Apart from that, only their bat control is above average (and that only barely), and their speed is the worst in V.7. Adding to those woes is a defense that’s slightly-to-very below the league average across the board, including the West’s worst gloves. While the pitching is something of a bright spot with good change of speed and excellent movement, their West-worst stamina won’t play well with the porous defense.

Prediction: 6th — This team needs everything, but defense first and foremost.

————————————————————

V . 7   E A S T 

Portage Trojans
 The Trojans are a bit light on contact and bat control, but their power is above average and discipline leads the league. Their speed is well below average, however. Fielding and range are both above average, and their arms are superb. Their offspeed stuff might be below par, but their velocity is solid and their control is tied for the league best, to say nothing of division-leading stamina.

Prediction: 1st — Precision strikeouts and solid defense will overcome any offensive shortcomings.

Deerfield Beach Rats
 The Rats are far and away the best contact team, and equally far and away the worst power team. Add a willingness to swing at anything and this is a team that will barrage their opponents with endless singles, with East-worst speed pointing toward station-to-station baserunning. Their gloves are nearly the worst in the league, but their range is close to the top in the division. Pitching is where this team shines, being notably above average everywhere but stamina and tied for V.7’s best velocity.

Prediction: 4th — Even if the pitching can survive the defense, this team needs more than just contact.

Akron Aardvarks
 The Aardvarks are well above average in hitting while being less below average in other categories than the Rats, with the added benefit of not being as sluggish on the base paths. They lack the bat control for a proper small ball approach, but expect a good running game from them. Their range is the best in the East, but their suspect gloves could lead to misadventures when they get to the ball. Their movement is the best in the East and command tied as such, plus excellent change of speed, but velocity is lackluster and stamina is league-worst.

Prediction: 2nd — A bit more offense or defense and they’re challenging for the Pennant.

North Port Bombers
 The East’s Bombers are distinctly below average in every offensive category save discipline. Their speed is the worst in the division. Their fielding and range are also the East’s worst, and arms only barely out of the basement. Their pitchers feature V.7’s slowest fastballs and have poor movement and control, but also have the league’s best change of speed and exceptional stamina, the latter of which is likely to be taxed to its limits by season’s end.

Prediction: 6th — This the worst overall offensive and defensive team in V.7 by no small margin.

Fort Wayne Bears
 The Bears follow a familiar pattern for the East on offense: Lots of contact, not much else. They do at least have fairly average speed, which, in a speedy league, should provide more bases than just parades of singles. Their arms are the division’s best and fielding nearly so, but the range is well below average. Their pitchers feature slightly above average heat, but that’s the best they have going for them; in particular, their change of speed is the worst in V.7.

Prediction: 5th — Contact and defense will keep the team out of the basement, but not out of VI next season.

Manchester Demons
 The East’s Demons are the polar opposite of many divisional rivals, offensively: The division’s worst contact, but best bat control and power, plus well above average discipline. Add to that the division’s best speed and you have the makings of a team that will give you fits if they can make contact (though that is a very big “if”, admittedly). Their fielding is fairly average and range well above, but their league-worst arms will invite a fast-running league to punish them on the base paths. Their command is the East’s worst, but the rest of the pitching tools are distinctly above average.

Prediction: 3rd — With more contact, this team could be an unstoppable juggernaut.

————————————————————

Playoff prediction: Cedar Hill in six — The Trojans will have more baserunners, but the Bombers will drive more of theirs in.

Previous Page | Show All |