Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Huge Performance Drop Off   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/171871

Like .. what the heck? Look at this year man, he's a mess. I expect variablity from year to year, but this seems excessive.

Theories?
Seems larger than just random. Evidence of a hidden 'streakiness' in the game?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I see that a lot with my players. Its just bad luck (maybe a really bad form roll). Just hope he recovers next season. Odds are he will.

Scanlon is my poster child for this sort of streaky behavior.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
2046 looks like an unusually good year, and 2047 is an unusually bad one. There's still a bit of time this season for him to improve his numbers to some degree, so it may not finish looking quite as extreme.
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for that example, Rock. It seems you adjust by playing the player less on his bad years. Do others have advice about this? Do you do the same, or just plow ahead with the guy hoping for him to come out of it?
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Ouch that is a huge drop for him.
Omm my opinion with him let him play.
Sometimes years flop down 20% he is 29yo still has 3years before big drop off at updates #0. Also considered new teams you face this season and season to season pitchers get great from other new teams you face this every season is new teams he could be facing better pitching teams. All in all he's good player I keep him playing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its more that I pull guys out and give them a cool down when they are doing bad. In bad years he did bad a lot ;)

Previous Page | Show All |