III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
24yo, in single A???

I'll pass
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Even if he wasn't drafted in '42, no way he sits on the FA market for that long. Not in today's BB.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
I think we need more undrafted free agents. Good that they leaving draft pool, and gives us something to search for.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hopefully that is a bug. I remember that happened once before with 17 year olds. If its not a bug, it means we are back to "fastest click" features :(
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
How many deeply competitive BB team owners would take a chance on a player who hadn't played since 2042 and five years later, at age 24, wants to play at Single A? Right, I thought so. So what is the actual harm? (Yes, that assumes that this is exemplary of undrafted players.)

P.S. Is this one of those age-corrected players who got screwed up developmentally, and not an undrafted free agent?

Updated Friday, October 16 2020 @ 8:53:31 am PDT
repoman

Ithaca Indians
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen this before. Given the mess of my latest project I wasn't that surprised Wilcox was so under-developed, but when I took a closer look I was like..."HUNH?!?" I can't remember his report, probably very good hitter, average or decent slugger, but yes - a guy plucked straight from years of obscurity in free agency to a starting role.

But this might be a new AI-thing for bot teams, to help fill some holes with guys who aren't completely useless. I'm guessing these guys go back to obscurity on being cut, can't see them being a 'thing' for anyone to get excited about.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
P.S. Is this one of those age-corrected players who got screwed up developmentally, and not an undrafted free agent?

Good suggestion, but 2040 was the season that went down. (See Holland). It was the season immediately before the new draft.

Since this guy has "Created as draft prospect" I don't think that's the answer.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
How many deeply competitive BB team owners would take a chance on a player who hadn't played since 2042 and five years later, at age 24, wants to play at Single A? Right, I thought so. So what is the actual harm? (Yes, that assumes that this is exemplary of undrafted players.)

That is exactly the issue. Even if he is an exemplar, it doesn't mean there won't be a few POT 15s who slip through undrafted (just due to the RNG nature of the draft boards). I don't think folks are upset about this guy, but what happens when a well developed POT 15 comes out like this.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would be a great addition to the game if they pass thru waivers. That season where guys came from the test leagues was really interesting.

But if they pass straight thru to free agency that is a problem.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Although honestly that is exactly the sort of guy that is usually cluttering my minors. If he were a lefty I would have put in a claim.

Previous Page | Show All |