Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Worst Drop   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Scott McMillan, he figured it out after I cut him and has been on fire for the tigers since.

Updated Wednesday, October 14 2020 @ 10:37:21 pm PDT
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Jets won't forget Zlotnik in a hurry after he inflicted our worst beating in team history earlier this season.

I don't regret too many of my cuts. Although I'm set at catcher, Edwards looks kind of bad, especially given he plays for a division rival. But I'll give myself a pass because I was the only one who saw his potential in the first place! Camarillo also was very good after I cut him, playing on some Cup and Legends winning teams. Casanova has also done pretty well, but would've been redundant on my team.

Mostly the cuts were easy to find while I was in the lower leagues, but as my team got stronger a few more recent decisions on prospects may also become regrettable.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Hayseed I almost dropped Carlisle an at least one occasion when I had a full roster and was getting picky about scouting reports. Thankfully, his minor league numbers (especially GB/FB rate) and advanced SI for his age made me stick with him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for Bearden :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually I forgot about Barron. Currently hitting .311 in Legends. I knew he was good when I dropped him, but it was a matter of roster space.

In 2043 I determined that I could only keep one lefty 2B on the squad (needed to make room for Suarez).both Barron and Saldana had similar performances at the plate, but Saldana was the better defender. I knew Barron would continue to improve at the plate, but I took a gamble on Saldana also improving offensively. That didn't happen...

Saldana regressed after his rookie season, while Barron took off. He is still a bad defender, but his bat would have been nice to have at 2B.

Updated Friday, October 23 2020 @ 7:16:13 pm PDT
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
@Hayseed - I wouldn't lose sleep over Landers, there's nothing about him that particularly stands out...and it was me that drafted him. I kept him around for three seasons but he was always near the top of the cut list, that homer rate is something I avoid if I possibly can.

There's not much to mourn for the Invaders. Schafer is our biggest regret, mainly for the fact he took forever to develop and then only found his feet at age 30.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed you haven't asked for my help since Hayseed, oops sorry!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/148964 My worst-ish drop. I personally told his current team to sign him.

http://brokenbat.org/player/189410 I think a .300 hitting free agent catcher with 40.6 career caught stealing percentage in Legends is a drop to forget for Smyrna and Deadwood.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Ced - Fernandez has some nice numbers, but those 20 GIDP are frightening...particularly when you lead the league in GIDP and demote in 6th place (welcome to my world, though I only managed a tie for 10th in GIDP). It was the reason I dumped a similar (albeit lefty) catcher in O'Conner. I never regretted it.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Even better. Leading Legends in a statistical category. What is scary is that he was doing that gidp at lead off. 🙄

Previous Page | Show All |